Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Fact of the Day thread

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
How does a person undreamt something ? :rolleyes:
I just rewatched Avengers Infinity War last night, and had to laugh at this exchange...

Doctor Strange tries to explain the danger of Thanos to Stark, saying "He could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of."

Stark seems to be stretching his legs and takes a jab at Strange's way of communicating. "Did you seriously just say hitherto undreamt of?"

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Lol

Your fact of the day for yesterday, May 9th...

A pizzas outer crust is called the cornicione.

And what goes best with pizza?

Your fact of the day for March 10th...

Yeast formed on a fermenting malt liquor, aka, beer foam, is called barm.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
I was shocked by this:

The Rockets-Warriors series was the first NBA playoff series ever to have each game to be decided by 6 points or less...

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your fact of the day for today, May 11...

Before rap battles, there was flyting. Flyting is a ritual, poetic exchange of insults practised mainly between the 5th and 16th centuries. The root is the Old English word flītan meaning quarrel. Examples of flyting are found throughout Norse, Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and Medieval literature involving both historical and mythological figures. The exchanges would become extremely provocative, often involving accusations of cowardice or sexual perversion.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your fact of the day for Mother’s Day, May 12th...

After Anna Jarvis created the Mother's Day International Association in order to streamline the intimate day of observance to the second Sunday in May, Woodrow Wilson legitimized the celebration as a nationwide holiday

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
I used to like going out to the railroad tracks and yelling at the freight trains going by the building where I worked. No one could hear me and It didn't do any good. :lol:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your fact of the day for May 13th...

Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created for Ronald Reagan's presidential inauguration in 1981 when over three tons of the beans were consumed during the festivities.

Your fact of the day for today, May 14th...

Play-doh was first invented as a wallpaper cleaner.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your fact of the day for today, May 15th...

When a rooster opens its beak to crow, it’s external auditory canals close off preventing sound from coming in and acting as “earplugs”. Which is especially handy since rooster calls can reach 140 decibels or louder (which is basically equal to a rifle blast, and will definitely damage your ears with no protection).

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your fact of the day for today, May 16th...

A California woman, Jeanine Sugawara, sued Quaker Oats, owners of Cap’N’Crunch, on the grounds of false advertising because Cap’N’Crunch Crunchberries did not contain one single real berry. The complaint was dismissed after the judge reminded her that there is no such thing as a “crunch berry”.