Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Fact of the Day thread

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Well, catch up time...again...

May 31 - June 3rd Facts of the Day, Jeopardy-centric Edition...

The maximum winnable sum for one day of Jeopardy is $566,409. That includes sweeping both boards, getting all 3 daily doubles, in the top tier and at the end of the round, make them true daily doubles and wager it all in final Jeopardy.

The highest one day winning total was $131,127 by James Holzhauer on April 17, 2019.

People who have competed on Jeopardy are ineligible for Wheel of Fortune and vice versa because they are sister shows.

Finally, the Jeopardy theme song is called “Think!” And was written by Merv Griffin, originally as a lullaby for his son called “A Time for Tony”.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your Fact of the day for June 4th...

Have trouble reading your doctors scribbles? Call his handwriting “griffonage”, aka illegible handwriting.

And your Fact of the day for today, June 5th...

The space between your thumb and forefingers is called the purlicue.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
Among the ways the Allies tried to trick the Germans about where the D-Day invasion would occur, they deployed fake inflatable tanks at other spots...

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your Fact of the day for June 6th...

Switzerland is one of two countries that has a square flag, the other being Vatican City. Most others are rectangular, while Nepal has a flag consisting of two triangular pennants.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your Fact of the day for June 7th...

Most people know olives come in black and green, but what’s the difference? The color of the olive corresponds to the ripeness of the fruit when picked. That's it. Green olives are picked before ripening, and black olives are picked while ripe.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your Fact of the day for today, June 8th...

Today is National Upsy Daisy Day, which is set aside to encourage you to face the day positively and to get up ‘gloriously, gratefully and gleefully’ each morning.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
This day in 1845: Andrew Jackson’s African Grey parrot was removed from his funeral at The Hermitage, Tennessee, for swearing so loud and long it disturbed the attendees.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Your Fact of the day for today, June 13th...

There was once a woman, Elvita Adams, who tried to commit suicide by jumping off the Empire State Building. Luckily, or unluckily, for her, depending on how you look at it, when she jumped from the 86th floor, a huge gust of wind blew her back into the building on the 85th floor and she survived, only breaking her hip and not ending her life.

Latest posts