Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Exclusives topps.com exclusives thread: TC Update Sapphire Ed 1/26?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Is the release for the 2020 Topps Finest Flashback (Topps.com exclusive) still supposed to be 7/15?

And if so, what time?

TIA!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Actually, there is a "raffle" type lottery for the right to buy them.

You can enter it from a link at the bottom of your "My Account" page.

IF selected, you can buy 2 boxes. $55 each.

Raffle ends 7/16 at 1PM ET...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well that sucked.

I waited to buy them a bit so I could do it from a Desktop instead of my phone because I figured the "raffle" would hold me the boxes since it said I had 48 hours to purchase.

Nope! All sold out.

Not happy...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I also won the raffle and was able to purchase my two boxes in time. Pretty much sold out to the raffle winners about 6 hours in.

Yeah, I should have just bought them when I got the e-mail.

I thought I had a 48 hour hold window to purchase them in...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Topps didn’t communicate it well, but essentially raffle winners had up to 48 hours to buy what was left after the Mountgomery Club members got their chance at 3 boxes per membership. I don’t think Topps had it down to a math science for distributing these. I honestly think they sent the raffle route because bots took down the site over the last couple of releases. I bet from an infrastructure point of view this was a success and nobody had to respond to web issues for the deployment of this product. What they really need to do to appease the majority of customers is offer the product through multiple avenues IE raffle, and first come first serve, and Dutch auction, etc.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I won the raffle. The raffle entry was in a very obscure place, labeled obscurely, and I never would have known about it without the thread on Blowout. While there is likely to never be a fair way to distribute products like this, if that's a consideration, it obviously went better than limited edition, direct sales products that sell out instantly with bots. However, if that's how Topps is going to continue to do things, bot users will adapt and flood them with entries, too.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@gt2590 Refresh your email/keep checking...there are reports that Topps is circling back to earlier raffle winners that have not yet bought their 2 boxes after cancelling orders from those that exceeded the 2 box limit. No tangible proof/screenshot of that happening yet (early chatter) but you may want to keep checking.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
@gt2590 Refresh your email/keep checking...there are reports that Topps is circling back to earlier raffle winners that have not yet bought their 2 boxes after cancelling orders from those that exceeded the 2 box limit. No tangible proof/screenshot of that happening yet (early chatter) but you may want to keep checking.

Actually that did just happen to me.

I got an e-mail about an hour ago and was able to get 2 boxes from the site.

Just came on here to update the situation. LOL

But I appreciate the heads up! TY Sir!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Didn’t wait this time.

For the “Big Baller” Chrome, I bought it right after seeing the e-mail that I “won” in the spot raffle.

They are limited to 1 per account.

$250 +S/H

Going for $1Kish secondary...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looks like a hack was leaked online to let someone order a box even if they weren’t a raffle winner.

No word yet from Topps...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
My box arrived yesterday afternoon, didn't get a chance to break until late last night and finally got around to getting pics of the better stuff. I'm PUMPED overall with how my box went...

Got 4 colored parallels vs the 6 on average
Got 1 1985 insert vs the 2 on average
No LouBob RC base nor Kyle Lewis
Got 3 die cuts vs the 1 on average

Notable base and RCs: Lux, Bichette, Tatis, Acuna, and Trout
Mmivy1Yl.jpg

6hGrdEzl.jpg

Inserts and refractors: 1985 Hoskins, Mercado green /99, Correa blue /75, and Biggio gold /50
QXNsjmgl.jpg

FBqGCkml.jpg

Die cuts: Luis Robert RC, Gavin Lux RC, and Gavin Lux gold refractor RC 10/50!
dS2ZIZcl.jpg

Pretty thrilled all around, especially with the base RCs and die cuts!

Members online