Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumor: Sting will have his first match with returning Punk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If he wants to walk away and breach his contract, fine.

But he shouldn't be a little bitch after the fact and be sending WWE legal letters concerning royalties.

He quit, he breached the contract, be shouldn't be entitled to royalties any longer.

I do agree with you there 100%

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Yeah, definitely agree with that too. If you intend to do somethin like that, you should accept the consequences.. And perhaps be glad they weren't severe. I could be mistaken but I don't think WWE took any action against him.

I'm sure they could've screwed him after he screwed them.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He's entitled to royalties when his contract is over and they're still selling merchandise to make money off his likeness. Which is exactly what WWE was doing and why he had a lawyer contact them.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He's entitled to royalties when his contract is over and they're still selling merchandise to make money off his likeness. Which is exactly what WWE was doing and why he had a lawyer contact them.

When anyone in any company breaches their contract, they aren't entitled to anything.

He walked out. WWE just let him. Didn't extend his contract for another year like they could have, and DID with Rey.

And then HE serves THEM?

Give me a break. They let him off scott free.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah if you're gonna walk out and breach your contract, fine, whatever, but don't come bitching for royalties afterward

You broke the deal, not them.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So because he broke his deal that means WWE gets to break the law too? Makes complete sense. Oh wait...no it doesn't.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So because he broke his deal that means WWE gets to break the law too? Makes complete sense. Oh wait...no it doesn't.

You don't think the royalties deal isn't in his contract? He breaks his contract, everything else is null and void. It's not like they were putting out new CM Punk merchandise after his departure.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You don't think the royalties deal isn't in his contract? He breaks his contract, everything else is null and void. It's not like they were putting out new CM Punk merchandise after his departure.

Yes, it's in his contract, and his contract is expired. Therefore, legally, WWE has no right to continue using his likeness and selling merchandise with his likeness. Which they've been doing up until his lawyer contacted them threatening a lawsuit. That's WWE breaking the law. Two wrongs don't make a right. I don't care what your personal feelings are on CM Punk. Like him, hate him, don't care either way, that's fine. But WWE has no business continuing to sell the merchandise of someone who no longer is under contract with the company and not pay him royalties for it. CM Punk controls his likeness, WWE does not. From a purely legal standpoint, he has every right to do what he did and it makes complete sense to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts