Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scammer AT THE NATIONALS!

cgilmo

Administrator
I agree. I just think the downplaying was a sad attempt at keeping this away from FCB and its members as to not start drama. However, it needed to be put out there on all forums for everyone to see and realize that a big member in this hobby was in fact a scumbag and did some shady stuff.
Dude....

Forums live on drama.

I love drama.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
Ill keep an eye on the situation as it goes. Not raking any action yet.
The question is why is he not banned yet not is he going to be? We all know what the answer SHOULD be.

Searching for demarcus wares and gavin escobars.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
Because I'd like to see qhat would hape . If he tried to post and trade.

Patience
That would be a HOS thread if he tried to post here. Especially if he was selling.

Searching for demarcus wares and gavin escobars.

cgilmo

Administrator
So you won't ban him even though its been proven that he is a scammer and has done many shady things in the past because "you want to wait and see what would happen if he tried to post or trade."

That statement in itself says enough about you man. Wow.

That statement means absolutely nothing.

I don't do things just because people tell me to. I do things because they make sense. Preemptive bans do not make sense as they do very little. You have to let things play out and monitor situations before you can act. Use wisdom instead of knee jerk reactions and situations will work out better. The only thing a hard ban would do at this point is cause him to make a different account with a different IP if he really wanted to trade here. Won't you agree that it's better to know who a person is than not? Every action has a reaction, and as an administrator I like to respond rather than react as this scenario hasn't completely played out yet.

As to your sweeping under the rug comments. There is little difference between saying I tried to sweep it under the rug. I've never even attempted to do either. I've said that this isn't as big a deal as you and others are making it and I stand behind that. This isn't as far reaching as mammabear, or haiku. This isn't an event with a huge loss of property from the community. Attempted theft is not the same as actual theft. Although there are similarities and both are absolutely wrong both require a different level of outrage. I feel like some people like needchapmans on blowout and you here want to crucify this guy because you simply do not like him due to past dealings. I understand that completely, when someone I don't like slips I tend to want to point it out as well. However do not expect me or others to go to the same degree of outrage as you do.

Guys, remember, I almost knocked his teeth down his throat when he called me a douche bag at the booth. I've got no love for this kid and I'm not doing anything to protect him, and he's not allowed to transact business here.

maxe0213

That statement means absolutely nothing.

I don't do things just because people tell me to. I do things because they make sense. Preemptive bans do not make sense as they do very little. You have to let things play out and monitor situations before you can act. Use wisdom instead of knee jerk reactions and situations will work out better. The only thing a hard ban would do at this point is cause him to make a different account with a different IP if he really wanted to trade here. Won't you agree that it's better to know who a person is than not? Every action has a reaction, and as an administrator I like to respond rather than react as this scenario hasn't completely played out yet.

As to your sweeping under the rug comments. There is little difference between saying I tried to sweep it under the rug. I've never even attempted to do either. I've said that this isn't as big a deal as you and others are making it and I stand behind that. This isn't as far reaching as mammabear, or haiku. This isn't an event with a huge loss of property from the community. Attempted theft is not the same as actual theft. Although there are similarities and both are absolutely wrong both require a different level of outrage. I feel like some people like needchapmans on blowout and you here want to crucify this guy because you simply do not like him due to past dealings. I understand that completely, when someone I don't like slips I tend to want to point it out as well. However do not expect me or others to go to the same degree of outrage as you do.

Guys, remember, I almost knocked his teeth down his throat when he called me a douche bag at the booth. I've got no love for this kid and I'm not doing anything to protect him, and he's not allowed to transact business here.
I want to crucify him because he is a known scammer and admitted to shilling and sending empty boxes before this thing happened. He also has had high dollar cards lost for others on his end as well as poorly packaged shipping extremely high dollar items so there is plenty that has been left untouched that nobody knows if its true or not.

Personally, I've dealt with the guy once and I got my stuff in a timely fashion and well packaged. I don''t have any vendetta or have any reason not to like him so that argument holds no weight from you.

I just don't feel for anyone that attempts to scam, steal, or lie in this hobby especially someone like that who many people looked up to and was one of the highly regarded members over on BO.

cgilmo

Administrator
Temper your anger and be rational.

You have to realize that this sort of thing happens all the time. He isn't the first guy to get thrown under the hobby bus, and he certainly won't be the last.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
wow this thread goes from a scammer being outed, to some how Chris is trying cover something up, he has nothing to do with.

I think, I'll write a book on how I think Chris fired the fatal first shot that killed John F.Kennedy. Mine as well add Chris to this life changing event. Just like it happened here.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts