Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scumbag mod "houdini" life bans me from BO forum for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I just read on reddit houdini got caught robbing hits from his breaks the other day. Made a superfractor disappear or something. Go figure. No need for karma from me when it's already happening organically. What a POS.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I read the entire BO thread that got you banned. Yes you were b!tching about something. But so what? B!tching has been a part of message boards back to day 1, when I was reading the usenet "alt.beer" newsgroup on my unix dumb terminal. And I don't think you were necessarily wrong. I don't see why COMC should add a surcharge when you decide to have a sale. Of course they can do this, it's their business, but considering that you having a sale costs them nothing, and they still get their usual cut regardless, I don't think it's necessary. Not sure it would piss me off enough to post about it, but it would piss me off a little. Maybe "mentally handicapped monkeys" was a bit over the top though :)

So anyway, then out come the BO trolls. Piling on and egging each other on. There are some really cool members there, but every third post really does turn into lord of the flies. Then houdini steps in and proceeds to lecture you on his made-up strawman argument that that your posts aren't private (which is something you never even mentioned), and then bans you because you were "toxic and unwelcome". Whatever. I read the entire thread, and the words toxic and unwelcoming apply vastly more to the trolls who smelled blood and started piling on.

Again, so the hell what if you were going on about something you didn't like. Even if you were wrong, and I'm not sure you were, the BO response was ridiculous. Compare and contrast with the FCB response to your exact same post. I'm a member at BO but almost never post there. It has vastly more membership and activity, but it's also much more representative of today's internet. And that is NOT a compliment. There's a reason I have 600 posts here and only 10 there.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Right on. I have always preffered FCB over BO. Now it looks like BO is becoming exactly like the old Beckett boards that we left to come here. Maybe they will have a mass exodus to FCB too. lol It's NEVER a good thing to have corporate interests intermingled with a message board, ala Beckett's forums and BO's forums.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
If this site had more traffic, posts, I'd rarely frequent BO. But the truth is there's a lot more to read over there. Most BO members are ok, but a few are just downright obnoxious.
Way too many wannabe comedians who plain and simple aren't funny.
Way too many post count whores.
Just don't seem to understand the rule, quality over quantity.
For the record, I've never had any issues with houdini and usually think he mods pretty good. Although I think he was wrong banning you. Believe it was a case of protecting his friends. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Oh this is getting good. Some other person who he probably banned is on reddit and his Twitter apparently talking about his breaks and these numbnuts think it's me. This is great. Let 'em. LOL You see what happens when you mod a forum into the void. You piss off a LOT of people. I love it. I definitely sent an email to BO explaining they have an out of control mod, but this other crap is hilarious. Great timing.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Is it a group, or one person? They need to know they have an employee giving their business a black eye. The forums are a direct link to their product sales and live breaks and this idiot is acting like a tyrant, pissing off BO customers. How are you gonna let some idiot cost your business money like that. I don't care if they do anything about him or not, but I for damn sure want them to know they are losing business because of this guy. Now he's accusing me if posting stuff online? Look in the mirror, moron. Your ban hammer isn't just something to have fun with. You're pissing numerous people off. You're costing your employer business. I won't be buying anything else from them, that's a fact. He doesn't know who I am or how much I spend with BO. I actually do more than I'm willing to admit. I need a phone number.

cgilmo

Administrator
I'm not a jerk because I don't like the way COMC handles sales. It is dumb to charge for a sale. Think about it. You're way off base.
While yes, I think you should have every right to voice your displeasure at this I don't think that's why you were banned.

This might get me hovering over the button though...

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM #14
sportcardtheory
Banned

What did I expect on the Lord of the Flies forum...

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM #19
sportcardtheory
Banned

God you people are legitimately creepy.

(I wouldn't actually ban for this but I'd sure want to)

cgilmo

Administrator
Seriously? If you're banning because you're butt hurt, you're not modding correctly. And it was a life ban. If you can even come close to supporting a life ban for saying that, you're closer to the old Beckett boards than you think. Get a grip. What are you even talking a out. You support life bans for people stating harmless opinions and biting back when being piled on by a bunch of a-holes? WHT thread did you read.
Did you read the last line of my post?

Take a step back, remove the emotion from it and then we can have a real discussion about COMC.

Let's be constructive here. I'm not going to ban you.

Status
Not open for further replies.