Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sept Night Crew

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, I did get a few interesting pickups recently. I like this one especially - the 1997 EX-2000 Hall or Nothing insert gold foil variation. Left is the normal bronze, right is the much rarer gold variation. I had been looking for this for a while. I even bought one off ebay that I *thought* could be the gold one, only to be disappointed when it arrived as the bronze. Likely due to the lighting of the photo that made it look golder than it was. But a week or two ago I saw one pop up that was unmistakably gold, and I snagged it. The price was pretty good too, just a few bucks.

How are you?

Anyone else up tonight?

IMG_7901.JPG

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Nothing about your boy Vogelblob?!
The thing about him that shall be missed the most is when he goes FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK after striking out loud enough for the radio broadcast to pick it up (this was even before Covid) and then they have to apologize on his behalf. 😅

He might be the most selective hitter Ive ever seen... to a fault perhaps. When it was working early last year he was a baseball god. Every pitch outside the zone was taken, every pitch inside was smashed. . . then the second half happened. 😬 worse than Chris Davis!

I don't think he will ever be good again, teams made smart adjustments and he is getting fatter and fatter to the point I doubt he reinvents himself. Just imagine though that this guy was playing 100 yrs ago before all the modern analytics and scouting. Nobody would catch on to a lot of these gimmick players and he would be a 500+hr guy easily.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, I did get a few interesting pickups recently. I like this one especially - the 1997 EX-2000 Hall or Nothing insert gold foil variation. Left is the normal bronze, right is the much rarer gold variation. I had been looking for this for a while. I even bought one off ebay that I *thought* could be the gold one, only to be disappointed when it arrived as the bronze. Likely due to the lighting of the photo that made it look golder than it was. But a week or two ago I saw one pop up that was unmistakably gold, and I snagged it. The price was pretty good too, just a few bucks.

How are you?

Anyone else up tonight?

View attachment 116108
Sweet, looks great!! 🥳 I cant remember which product but I would always try to scalp colors that were upgrades from the photo. Not sure if it worked much, a lot of the time I think they hustle the hustler. I know when I was buying a lot of books they did that sht too, hard to know which ones were natural errors and what is a trick to lead people on.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah hahaha. I mean the time travel caveat is important. The oldest viewable game is 70 years ago so the hypothetical 100 years is only a rough estimate. . . but damn, they are throwing 87mph or so back then. I think a lot of modern roiders would be able to do 800+hr damage back in those days.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yo yo yo what is up. Long day on my end but doing OK. I made my first ever batch of spaghetti sauce from scratch tonight, just for the hell of it. Turned out OK but needed a little more flavor, and needed to be cooked longer (a little too runny and tomato-ey).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yo yo yo what is up. Long day on my end but doing OK. I made my first ever batch of spaghetti sauce from scratch tonight, just for the hell of it. Turned out OK but needed a little more flavor, and needed to be cooked longer (a little too runny and tomato-ey).
Bon-Giovanni will be most upset!

...but seriously, that is a cool move. I just use Ragu over the years and never thought of doing my own. 3 cheers for mr risky! ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Tomorrow the Post shall declare "FredFred leads the Mets to victory!!" on the front page. (y)

@MrMet will chizzle a mini statue in his honor out of a can of spam.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well...they did win...
Indeed, and what a win it was! Porcello is the classiest of teammates as well, he went only 4IP on purpose so he couldn't qualify for the W so a teammate could get it.

Friendship > Stats .... just like the 2016 AL CY. :cool:

Latest posts