Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Set Collecter Question... What constitutes a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
complete set in your eyes. I am new to hockey, having busted only 7 or 8 boxes of this years product. But I have to say I am in love with hockey cards, and really that is where I will be dedicating most of my collecting resources too. Anyway, I was thinking of putting together the complete set of 09/10 UD Series 1. I am curious to know what completes a set in your eyes. I would like to know everyones opionion. Any and all comments are welcome.

Hwilensky

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
For a set like 09-10 UD, I consider all base cards 1-200 and all Young Guns (201-250) a complete set.

Of course, many consider just 1-200 a complete set and don't include SP's (such as the Young Guns).

Then there is also a "Master Set", which many consider all base cards, SP's, inserts, GU'd, autos. Some feel all parallels are part of a "Master Set".

Ultimately it's up to you, whatever you find interest in putting together. To me, I look at it this way:

Complete Set: 1-250 (Base and Young Guns)
Extended Set: 1-250 (Base and Young Guns), All Insert Sets
Master Set: 1-250 (Base and Young Guns), All Insert Sets, All GU, All Autos.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Was thinking of doing something in the middle of the extended and Master set. Just trying to choose what inserts to do because I like them all. But could get expensive.

Hwilensky

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
as always I couldn't have said it better than Sly just did.

you could always just do what Sly is doing and just go after all the cards from your team.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Guys, Thanks for all the wonderful feedback so far. I think I am going to go for what I am going to call The Half Extended Set. :). I am going to do the complete set, plus the following inserts completley: FOF, TG,SH,HH, All world, All world SP,Draft Day, and all Islanders in the other inserts, like clearly canadian and all GU and Autographs. I think I might go after the short prints in YG and UD exclusive as well. Thanks for the input and guidence guys, I really appreciate it.

Hwilensky

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Hwilensky said:
Guys, Thanks for all the wonderful feedback so far. I think I am going to go for what I am going to call The Half Extended Set. :). I am going to do the complete set, plus the following inserts completley: FOF, TG,SH,HH, All world, All world SP,Draft Day, and all Islanders in the other inserts, like clearly canadian and all GU and Autographs. I think I might go after the short prints in YG and UD exclusive as well. Thanks for the input and guidence guys, I really appreciate it.

Hwilensky

Good luck. Let me know what inserts you need. I've got a handfull left from my case break, and am more than happy to give you a deal on them.

If you use Sportlots at all, you can search through my store on there to see what I have (sgtsly12). Just drop me a PM and let me know what you need and we can work something out.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Sly said:
Hwilensky said:

Hwilensky

Good luck. Let me know what inserts you need. I've got a handfull left from my case break, and am more than happy to give you a deal on them.

If you use Sportlots at all, you can search through my store on there to see what I have (sgtsly12). Just drop me a PM and let me know what you need and we can work something out.

Thanks. You should hear from me in a couple of days.

Members online