Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shot in the dark - looking for helping ID'ing an old photo

I am pretty sure this is a picture of a Duluth Dukes player. Given the frame it is in I presume from the 1930's-40's. I can’t make out enough to even suggest the site of the picture. I can’t find pictures of individual Duluth Dukes pictures from this era. I looked at Major League players who played with the Dukes but there are not enough pictures to make any kind of an ID. I guess this guy will remain a mystery and someone will find it in my collection and wonder the same thing and why I have it. I have asked for help other places and got this far so any more help would be appreciated.

1587830209262.png

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
This might be a stretch, I have not had any communication with this person, but there is an impressive thread on Net54 from a collector who specializes in vintage St. Saints and Minneapolis Millers memorabilia. Even if that person is not well-versed in the Duluth Dukes it's conceivable in my mind that they would have crossed paths with someone who would know the Dukes.

This might be a stretch, I have not had any communication with this person, but there is an impressive thread on Net54 from a collector who specializes in vintage St. Saints and Minneapolis Millers memorabilia. Even if that person is not well-versed in the Duluth Dukes it's conceivable in my mind that they would have crossed paths with someone who would know the Dukes.

Matthew,
Thanks. He replied the first time I posted this on Net54 and he helped get me this far. I guess this will be one of the "unknown" guys in baseball for me. Appreciate the response.

Jim

Members online

Latest posts