Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signature/Player ID - Need fresh eyes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
IMG_7441.jpgIMG_7442.jpgThis was from the lot of Dodger minor leagues. I have tried every combo I can think of in Baseball Reference and came up with zip. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can see what I am not seeing.

Does anyone recognize the face or signature. Most of these players were low minors in the 96-00 era, but that doesn't mean this guy was for sure.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
It really looks like Mat(t) Marshall. A little digging got me to the Kenosha (WI) Mammoths of the Frontier League. Played 9 games in 2003. Not quite the right time frame nor could I find a connection to the Dodgers. Good luck.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thank you for your feedback and sorry, I believe a couple others figured it out elsewhere. Monte Marshall was a low level Dodger in that same era I described. Someone posted a Great Falls minor league card that certainly looks like him. I consider it mystery solved. I had searched Marshall and Mort, but not Monte and somehow missed him.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Excellent. I couldn't reconcile 1 or 2 Ts but didn't consider Monte. Glad the mystery was solved.

Members online

Latest posts