Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Slide rule

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Rasmus made no attempt to stay on the bag which is a no-no under the new rule. However, it looked ridiculous since Villar was clearly just playing for a force out, made no attempt to turn 2, and likely had no chance at doing so anyway. Kind of a dumb finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It was a force out at second, ball was hit to the right side. The dumb part is they called it a double play ruling the runner going to first out as well but there was no attempt at making a double play, they wouldn't have even had a chance at getting the runner at first. I'm sure video will make the rounds shortly

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
attachment.php

Attachments

• Slide_rule_scales_front.jpg
    Slide_rule_scales_front.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 177

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas Keuchel has an awful lot to say, coming from a guy who will never be spiked while standing at second base.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Big discussion about the new slide rule up here in Toronto too after the Jays lost a game in Tampa due to Bautista's slide. (Video:
https://youtu.be/4O9Ea1mVKrA)

Along the same lines as the tutu comment, manager John Gibbons said, "Maybe tomorrow we should go out there wearing dresses."

I think the runner should be allowed to try to break up a double play by disrupting the fielder. The runner should NOT be allowed to go out of his way to spike the fielder or otherwise attempt to make dangerous contact, like missing the base and targetting the fielder.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't think they should do anything but go in hard to the base. I had no issue with the Jays call, I don't personally think the runner should be reaching out and initiating contact. I'm not a Bautista hater, but he got caught and I liked the call in that instance

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Bautista wasn't just going hard into the bag. When you start using your hands away from the base area to cause interference, you are violating what is OK to do IMO.

Ryan

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I've seen the replay of Bautista sliding into 2nd. I think the umpires made the correct call. He did slide into the base and not the fielder, but when he reached his hand up to hit the ankle, he violated the rule. In my opinion reaching up, and seeming to try to trip him, was dirty. He slid close enough that he may have disrupted the throw anyway. Had he slid and his arm hit the ankle without reaching up, he's within the scope of the rule as he maintained contact with the base and didn't alter his path.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
2nd call now in the Brewers/Astros series. Martin Maldonado just pulled a Bautista and tried to hook a leg at 3rd. Stupid move

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
WTF?!!!!! Can someone explain to me how this rule was completely Effed in the ChiSox/Orioles game tonight? What a crap show

Members online

Latest posts