Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spotify Premium

lilcat19

Feb 27, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know how many people here use Spotify or how many people here are students, but Spotify is having a pretty cool promotion. If you are a student you can get Spotify Premium $4.99 a month, where it is usually $9.99 a month.

I have used Spotify Premium for a little over 2 years now (at the $9.99/mo cost) and I seriously love it. If you have premium you can use it on your iPhone which is really handy. I use it when I run outside and when I am in the car I can listen to it via the USB port in my car. Also, you wont have any commercials and can listen to pretty much any song that you want at any time.
If you want to try it out for free first to see how awesome it is, there is a 30 day free trial, also (which is for anyone, not just students).

I don't work for Spotify or get any kickbacks from this, I just really love it and thought that there might be some people here who are students that might be interested. Here is the link:
https://www.spotify.com/us/student/

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Agreed, a good service.

When our Sirius runs out, on to Premium, which I advise since the "skips" are un-limited and commercials, which have become plentiful on "basic" Spotify, are non-existent.

And I think there are longer Free trials out there with some Digging, especially on company rewards/loyalty programs sites...

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Use spotify premium but I'm not a student.

I was using it in place of my ipod since it was stolen last year.

Now that I have a new ipod, doubt I'll subscribe still but it definitely is a good deal

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
just wish i could sort my starred songs in the mobile app, only small gripe i have about it. worth it.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I usually use last.fm just because I like the fact that it tracks what I listen to and I'm a sucker for stats/etc but u can never listen to exactly what u wanna listen to.. It's always a little random and sometimes irrelevant with its picks and has the tendency to play some of the same songs very frequently

Trying this out for the trial and I gotta say it's pretty good.. Pretty wide selection and good sound quality ill hafta kick around whether it's worth keepin around when the trial is over.. Being able to easily listen to a specific song while I'm on the go or at work is pretty convenient when something is stuck in my head or I know exactly what I wanna hear

lilcat19

Feb 27, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I usually use last.fm just because I like the fact that it tracks what I listen to and I'm a sucker for stats/etc but u can never listen to exactly what u wanna listen to.. It's always a little random and sometimes irrelevant with its picks and has the tendency to play some of the same songs very frequently

Trying this out for the trial and I gotta say it's pretty good.. Pretty wide selection and good sound quality ill hafta kick around whether it's worth keepin around when the trial is over.. Being able to easily listen to a specific song while I'm on the go or at work is pretty convenient when something is stuck in my head or I know exactly what I wanna hear

Glad you are enjoying it so far. That is what I love about it, the fact that I can pick what song I listen to. I have my different playlists that I use. My 2 most often used are my 80's list and my running list. I can skip or repeat or whatever I want with it and I love it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One quick recommendation. If you log in thru Facebook, set your Account to private. Otherwise, the songs played on your account will show in the Margins activity log. No big deal really, but IF your kids, spouse of someone else listens to something embarrassing for you, it'll show up as your Name and you're the one listening to it...

ie. "XXXX XXXX is listening to "Crap" by One Direction or "I hate you all" by Taylor Swift.

And your true "friends" will no doubt mention it, and probably meanly! :lol:

Latest posts