Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Chase is better than the catch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
At the height of my collecting i was driven to get as many Bernie's cards as possible. Later after putting some on display the rest in binders and boxes. The spark wasnt there just having them. I realized it was the chase of those cards specially the most hard to find was where i got the enjoyment from. Any one else into the chase more than the catch?
I sold this set after a 6 year search to complete.

Oemrmpo.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The chase is the whole point. If you read a book about someone who climbs Mt. Everest, do you skip to the part where they plant the flag? Nope, because it's the trip there in which the story lies. The flag at the end is just the proof that the story of the journey actually happened.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The thrill of finding and landing a desired item will certainly give you that rush. I still like owning them more though, as the thrill of finding and losing something I really wanted...stings!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
That's a good analogy.

But at least with cards, you don't just have the photo of you at the top, you actually have the card itself. And you can love it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and call it George.

The chase is the whole point. If you read a book about someone who climbs Mt. Everest, do you skip to the part where they plant the flag? Nope, because it's the trip there in which the story lies. The flag at the end is just the proof that the story of the journey actually happened.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
That's a good analogy.

But at least with cards, you don't just have the photo of you at the top, you actually have the card itself. And you can love it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and call it George.

back in the day when "Of Mice and Men" was required reading, almost everybody understood this cartoon was referencing literature, these days not so sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts