Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey News TOP 30 Goalies of the 09/10 season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Just picked up the newest issue of The Hockey News, which happens to be their annual goalie issue. Every year they rank what they believe to be the leagues top goaltenders. The number in the parentheses is last years ranking. (NR)=Not Rated

1. Ryan Miller, Buf (8)
2. Martin Brodeur, NJ (NR)
3. Craig Andersson, Col (20)
4. Tomas Vokoun Fla (7)
5. Miikka Kiprusoff Cgy (11)
6. Ilya Bryagalov Phx (26)
7. Johnathon Quick LA (28)
8. Roberto Luongo Vcr (10)
9. Evgeni Nabokov SJ (6)
10. Henrik Lundqvist NYR (4)
11. Marc Andre Fleury Pit (29)
12. Jaroslav Halak Mtl (NR)
13. Dwayne Roloson NYI (25)
14. Tuuka Rask Bos (NR)
15. Cristobal Huet Chi (23)
16. Jimmy Howard Det (NR)
17. Tim Thomas Bos (1)
18. Johan Hedberg Atl (NR)
19. Jonas Hiller Ana (9)
20. Antti Niemi Chi (NR)
21. Brian Elliott Ott (NR)
22. Chris Mason Stl (16)
23. Pekka Rinne Nsh (19)
24. Niklas Backstrom Min (2)
25. Ondrej Pavelec Atl (NR)
26. Ty Conklin Stl (18)
27. Dan Ellis Nsh (NR)
28. Anterro Niittymaki TB (14)
29. Jose Theodore Wsh (27)
30. Cam Ward Car (21)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
What do you guys/gals think of the list? Agree with it or not? Even though MAF climbed all the way up to 11th, i think he should be a bit higher. His play has been as good or better than Lundy, Quick and Nabokov, IMO. I do think the list is pretty accurate though. Kippers play this year has been out standing and i think he could have been another place or two higher. Ryan Miller and Martin Brodeur are deserving of their 1st and 2nd place ranking. Huge jump for Craig Anderson. He goes from 20 last year all the way up to 3rd this year.As far as falling from grace, Tim Thomas and Niklas Backstrom last years #1 and #2, have fallen to 17th and 24th respectively.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
I think if anything Theo should be at least where he was lastyear, i think he should be higher, butim biast

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I would say it's pretty accurate however I think Nabokov should be in the top 5 and I have to agree with Jeff Theo is playing a lot better than last season so I am not sure why he dropped instead of going up.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I am not surprised to not see Marty Turco on the list. I have been begging for a goalie change in Dallas for a couple years.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I think Thomas should be lower and Rask should be a little higher...though I can only assume they take into account Rask has started less games that those ahead of him...

Either way, Miller, Broduer at 1-2, I don't think anyone can really argue much against those...

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
I like that they think so highly of roloson, now if we can get the coaching staff feeling the same way.

Hwilensky

Members online