Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The HOF Argument for Jake Peavy...

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What about when you said something about looking in the couch cushions so you can pick up some Peavy prime patches, and all the other drivel you spewed in that Trump thread...yeah I skimmed through it, and saw why you made this thread. Play innocent all you want, anyone can read that Trump thread and see. But I’m not turning this into one of those threads. This will be my last post on this topic. Goodnight

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

phillyfan0417

Administrator
No, I started this thread to discuss his view on Jake Peavy's HOF candidacy because I vehemently disagreed with him. Who cares what who collects...? Are you suggesting prospect collectors are somehow inferior to HOF collectors? It's a hobby...you collect what makes you happy and who gives a **** what other people think about it. I don't agree that Jake Peavy is a HOFer, or anywhere in that category, and that's that.

FYI there are also plenty of players not in the HOF who are worth substantially more than ones who are...so nothing you said seemed to be thought out.
Excellent trolling attempt...too bad you've decided to mock someone for what they choose to collect on the baseball card boards. You've mocked gt for months and this was trolling.

A pathetic attempt at that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

phillyfan0417

Administrator
I don't agree, I'll leave it at that. I would see MrMet's issue if I made derogatory comments about any individual on this board or their collection, but I didn't in the least. I gave my passionate response for why I think it's crazy to put Jake Peavy in the HOF discussion as I've had a longstanding passion for HOF baseball. If I said anything along the lines of gt2540 is a loser because he collects a Jake Peavy who is a bum because he will never be in the HOF I can certainly see the outrage. No posters were mentioned or insulted, no collections were referenced or degraded, so I respectfully disagree with MrMet's assessment.
You're a liar. You know exactly why you started this thread and it's pathetic. Don't attempt to play the victim because you were called exactly what you are...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
The rules of engagement...? What does Donald Trump have to do with your proclamation that Jake Peavy might one day be a HOFer? Why can't you and Curt Schilling keep your political commentary separate from your baseball knowledge...or in this case lack thereof? Jake Peavy is not a HOFer...he's a free agent clinging onto false hope.
I am keeping my political commentary separate. You started this thread. I just asked in that thread since you judge people's collection by HOF status what would happen?

See the difference?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
First ballot Hall of Shamer. Not better than the "my wife died, let's make trades to get her off my mind" though

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Again...you started this thread with the specific intent to mock a collector. You can try to be coy but it was easily understood.

You can just move on now

Don't be so quick to judge, maybe this is one of those hype threads and home boy is sitting on a huge stash of Peavy cards he's about to list

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk