Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The HOF Argument for Jake Peavy...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Guys, I think Chris is doing well with all this admin bullsh!t lately. Never met the guy, but he is one of the OG's of this website and as far as I can tell he is keeping up his end of the bargain. Definitely better than I would have done in his shoes. I am fairly impulsive and I always think I am right, so I would have said fu*koff to a lot of people by now and banned them, but I would have hurt FCB in the process. Chris doesn't do that. So give the guy a little rope.

I love FCB and although this board is not good for adding to my collection, I still check in once per day. Because I like it. It's not like blowout, where the second post on every thread is from some a$$hole trying to flame the OP. We talk, we argue, but it's all cool. I mean, for fuc&s sake. These days you can't pull up one youtube video without seeing fascist accusations on the third post down. We don't have that here. I love it. Thanks to everybody for not being total [email protected]

No problem. Back to the top.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Collecting is a way at least for me to get away from all the crap thats going on. Sad the crap was behind a attempt to mock someone's card collecting.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ake-peavy-picks-up-pieces-of-a-shattered-life

Uhhh...Mr. Peavy doesn't seem to be doing so hot financially by other accounts. One might say he was duped.

Regardless of your personal feelings for Peavy, or more importantly the partisan lunatic who decided it was prudent to make the Baseball Section a free-for-all, I tip my cap to him for being a family man above all else. He's a terrible pitcher, just horrible. But he seems like a man of integrity and there's a lot to be said for that. The same can't be said for the little guy who gets his jollies off by puffing his chest out on a baseball card forum.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly, PA
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ake-peavy-picks-up-pieces-of-a-shattered-life

Uhhh...Mr. Peavy doesn't seem to be doing so hot financially by other accounts. One might say he was duped.

Regardless of your personal feelings for Peavy, or more importantly the partisan lunatic who decided it was prudent to make the Baseball Section a free-for-all, I tip my cap to him for being a family man above all else. He's a terrible pitcher, just horrible. But he seems like a man of integrity and there's a lot to be said for that. The same can't be said for the little guy who gets his jollies off by puffing his chest out on a baseball card forum.
As usual, you have posted so many lies, I have to number my responses correcting you.

1. He has about $30+ million available currently, including $10M in just his "house" that he opens for public use.

2. He was NOT "terrible, just horrible". He won the Cy Young Award in 2008. One of only 12 pitchers to win the "Pitchers Triple Crown" in baseball history. Won 2 WS and was considered pivotal for the Sox.

3. No one is "puffing his chest out" just letting everyone see your pathetic tactics instead of deleting them as you asked.

4. I don't even player collect him, just trying to corner the entire print run of one of his low numbered cards /25.

But good job confirming your AH status even further!

Latest posts