Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDailyThread - 5/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Tyrell Jenkins had perhaps his best outing in his career. 9 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K

and Michael Wacha looked good as well - 5.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K

Jaypers... who do you think is better at grooming young pitchers between Cards/Rays??

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Jaypers... who do you think is better at grooming young pitchers between Cards/Rays??

Not to speak for J.P. here but who in the past 20 years have the Cardinals "groomed" as a young pitcher successfully? It wasn't Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays), Adam Wainwright (Braves), Rick Ankiel (Flopped) amongst others. Matt Morris? Dan Haren maybe?

I think this HAS to be credited to the Rays but that's just me. If I'm leaving anyone out let me know.

Good question.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Not to speak for J.P. here but who in the past 20 years have the Cardinals "groomed" as a young pitcher successfully? It wasn't Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays), Adam Wainwright (Braves), Rick Ankiel (Flopped) amongst others. Matt Morris? Dan Haren maybe?

I think this HAS to be credited to the Rays but that's just me. If I'm leaving anyone out let me know.

Good question.

I agree... was just curious about currently as Cards seem to have several young arms in the system. A couple (Miller, Rosenthal) have made impacts @ major league level including post season. Just wanted a scouts opinion. Track record is obv w/ Rays and they are best imho too.

Members online

Latest posts