Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Official" Houston Astros Collectors and Fans Thread

Anthony K.

New member
Aug 7, 2008
5,031
Enterprise, Alabama
I figure, other teams have their own thread, why not the Astros?

So far, not so good for the boys in orange and white.

1-2 versus the Cubs, but hopefully tonight they can reverse their fortune and win the series versus the Cards.

If anyone has any nice Astros cards to show off, feel free to show them in this thread or even if you just want to talk Houston baseball.
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
I am not liking the look of whats going on.We have the offense but it only seems to come out in games we are losing.Any other night the astros would never have all of those dingers but they decide to go for the throat when we are down 8?Why not all the time?I will be behind them regardless though so I will quit my whining.Its not going to change my support for the team.

Anyways...how about Keppinger?Man that dude is pretty dang good.I'm kinda glad we got him.
 

trevordchi

Active member
Aug 9, 2008
2,622
Don't act like Yankees fans guys. It's one series against a team that will probably have 95+ wins. You can't really put much stock into anything that happens in April. We all know that the season is a marathon. Astros fans should realize that more than most.
 

trevordchi

Active member
Aug 9, 2008
2,622
Also, don't count on Keppinger/Blum being anywhere near as good as they were in the opening series.
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
trevordchi said:
Also, don't count on Keppinger/Blum being anywhere near as good as they were in the opening series.

Blummers okay but I don't know much about Kep except he was supposedly a tough out.
 

trevordchi

Active member
Aug 9, 2008
2,622
predatorkj said:
trevordchi said:
Also, don't count on Keppinger/Blum being anywhere near as good as they were in the opening series.

Blummers okay but I don't know much about Kep except he was supposedly a tough out.
I am HOPING for a league average platoon but I doubt we will get that. I really don't like the fact that Pence is hitting behind Blum in the 7 hole. In my opinion I think he should be in the 5th spot ahead of Tejada. I don't know if they are trying to protect him from pressure or what but he will put more pressure on himself to prove he is better than a 7-hitter.
 

trevordchi

Active member
Aug 9, 2008
2,622
By the way, if anyone wants to buy any Astros stuff I am moving a very large percentage of my collection. Check the sig.
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
trevordchi said:
predatorkj said:
trevordchi said:
Also, don't count on Keppinger/Blum being anywhere near as good as they were in the opening series.

Blummers okay but I don't know much about Kep except he was supposedly a tough out.
I am HOPING for a league average platoon but I doubt we will get that. I really don't like the fact that Pence is hitting behind Blum in the 7 hole. In my opinion I think he should be in the 5th spot ahead of Tejada. I don't know if they are trying to protect him from pressure or what but he will put more pressure on himself to prove he is better than a 7-hitter.

I am thinking its more along the lines of hoping he drive in some of the runs still left unaccounted for.Its nice to have someone with some pop at the ass end of the lineup who will be able to drive in the extra baggage.Why have all of your guys with pop in the middle of the order.If you put Miggy in there or Bourn or even Blummer you're not going to get the same kind of production that Pence can give you.

But hey...that's just what I think they are doing.I could be totally wrong.I just think some guys are better off used as potential RBI's for others to knock in.
 
I am bookmarking this thread so I can do my usual real time play-by-play for Opening Day because I've got Keuchel on my fantasy team.

I'm a bit surprised this thread was never bumped last year when the Astros got rather deep into the playoffs. They have a really good looking 2016 team with Keuchel as their ace, Correa as their budding superstar shortstop and what I believe to be a huge breakout season coming from Springer! A very good looking farm system to boot. I think A.J. Reed will be the next big prospect to make a splash in the majors.

I wouldn't consider myself an Astros fan per say but I rooted for them in the playoffs and had a lot of fun watching the team progress ever since acquiring Keuchel on my fantasy team. I even started a small Keuchel PC and I'm now buying up as many BC Springer autos as my budget allows.
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
I'm well stocked on the Springer front. I'm hoping they do big things again this year! Too bad the game is on in the middle of the day though...
 

Latest posts

Top