Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official suggestions and improvements thread.

bhen

Aug 7, 2008
BGT Masters of TikiD said:
Its lagging for me as well. The other site IMO had a perfect set up and was easy on the eyes. The color scheme has to go. Why change it? The older site ran faster and smoother for me than this one.
Real laggy for me too.

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really have any suggestions, the place looks great. But just a question, are the ---> with the folded piece of paper mean new posts?
Just wondering.

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah its about 4-5 seconds of lag time when I go to view threads. I wish we could have just stuck to the BMB site. I'm not a computer Tech guy so don't totally understand the move, the new server seems slower to me on this site.

edit: Its actually closer to 8-10 seconds.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
One suggestion, and I'm not even sure an Admin can change it. Might be part of the board software. It's mildly annoying being asked if I want to make a revision to my post because new posts have been made in the time it took me to write mine. I'll be posting occasionally from my phone which is on EDGE, so it'll take forever to post something.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It's laggy for me as well. I'm not on the greatest of connections currently though. So take it for what it's worth.

Not complaining, just want to see it thrive to it's fullest. :D

cgilmo

Administrator
nborton said:
It's laggy for me as well. I'm not on the greatest of connections currently though. So take it for what it's worth.

Not complaining, just want to see it thrive to it's fullest. :D

It's not just you with the speed issue.

It appears to be an issue with thoughtput and not a bandwidth issue. I am on it.

Attachments

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
BGT Masters of TikiD said:
Yeah its about 4-5 seconds of lag time when I go to view threads. I wish we could have just stuck to the BMB site. I'm not a computer Tech guy so don't totally understand the move, the new server seems slower to me on this site.

edit: Its actually closer to 8-10 seconds.
Same here. It was running fine last night but i guess with more people its really slowing down for me atleast.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
I realize I am in the minority here, but I got a lot of use out of the set builder forum on the old, unmentionable message board, and would like to see it here.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

cgilmo

Administrator
I know you guys didn't ask for this...

But good ole NEC will now demonstrate how to post a youtube video.

*please note that you are responsible for the content of your youtube video, however this site is no where near as strict as other message boards. We do have kids on here, so please if it has obsessive cursing or questionable nudity, don't use it. If it is offensive, I will just edit it, no need for a suspension for something that trivial.