Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey Patrick - on that 2000 Pacific Crown Latinos of the Major Leagues Parallel, it's not just the /99 serial numbering that differentiates it from the normal insert. There is also a diamond-shaped embossed area that contains the words "Exclusive Series". I included the scan of my Alomar card, and if you look closely between his left arm and waist, you'll see it. Still a pretty lame way to make a "parallel" card though. It's the only parallel in my collection that is still, to this day, only known as "parallel". :)

2000 Pacific Crown Collection Latinos Of The Major Leagues Parallel #74 SN 99.jpg

This is a review of my experience at the July 13-16, 2023 Dallas Card Show. https://tinyurl.com/59atz95a

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Hey Patrick - on that 2000 Pacific Crown Latinos of the Major Leagues Parallel, it's not just the /99 serial numbering that differentiates it from the normal insert. There is also a diamond-shaped embossed area that contains the words "Exclusive Series". I included the scan of my Alomar card, and if you look closely between his left arm and waist, you'll see it. Still a pretty lame way to make a "parallel" card though. It's the only parallel in my collection that is still, to this day, only known as "parallel". :)

View attachment 349131
Good catch; the busy background makes it really tough to notice that little snippet of print. But alas, it's still a parallel. :🤷:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I like that set, but in a very typically Leaf move the 2011 and 2012 sets look extremely similar.

Blue parallels from 2011 and 2012:

11leafvaliantauto99.jpg 12leafvaliantbluerobertson.jpg

They did a better job ripping off the 1998 Crusades than Panini ever did, though.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I like that set, but in a very typically Leaf move the 2011 and 2012 sets look extremely similar.

Blue parallels from 2011 and 2012:

They did a better job ripping off the 1998 Crusades than Panini ever did, though.
Thanks for the comment.
I can remember now. I bought the Travis Witherspoon in 2011 from the associated release. I've updated my article to reflect the memory. Yes, they are quite similar between the two years but they look great either way.

Members online