Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Tillman Story

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Has anyone watched this movie? It is an incredibly sobering look at Pat's death and how it was handled by the military. They basically used his death as propaganda to advance a war that Pat believed was "illegal as shit" and flat out lied and tired to cover up how he was killed.

I also find comments made by Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Kauzlarich to be particularly disgusting. He suggested that the Tillman family would not let Pat's death go because they were atheists. Just another example of why I don't think I will ever vote for a Republican until they can separate religion from politics. Religion had nothing to do with the Tillman case and he obviously tried to use it as a way to turn public perception against the Tillman family. I don't see how anyone can watch this movie and not be completely turned off by the current state of our military.

I have a great deal of respect for the Tillman family and how they have handled everything and refused to lie down and let the military use Pat's name to advance it's agenda.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Nice propaganda throwing in the Republican line to advance your liberal agenda. Nice try, you were still too transparent.

cubfan131 said:
Has anyone watched this movie? It is an incredibly sobering look at Pat's death and how it was handled by the military. They basically used his death as propaganda to advance a war that Pat believed was "illegal as shat" and flat out lied and tired to cover up how he was killed.

I also find comments made by Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Kauzlarich to be particularly disgusting. He suggested that the Tillman family would not let Pat's death go because they were atheists. Just another example of why I don't think I will ever vote for a Republican until they can separate religion from politics. Religion had nothing to do with the Tillman case and he obviously tried to use it as a way to turn public perception against the Tillman family. I don't see how anyone can watch this movie and not be completely turned off by the current state of our military.

I have a great deal of respect for the Tillman family and how they have handled everything and refused to lie down and let the military use Pat's name to advance it's agenda.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
TwinGnats said:
Nice propaganda throwing in the Republican line to advance your liberal agenda. Nice try, you were still too transparent.

cubfan131 said:
Has anyone watched this movie? It is an incredibly sobering look at Pat's death and how it was handled by the military. They basically used his death as propaganda to advance a war that Pat believed was "illegal as shat" and flat out lied and tired to cover up how he was killed.

Correct about the slant.

So, now that we have that out of the way, do you feel the accounts of the documentary are inaccurate?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
"The Tillman Story" was the best movie that year. It was a crime that it was rated "R", thus shrinking the potential audience.

It makes me sick that there are people like that (Rummy, Waxman, et al) in charge of our government. From the outside, one could easily say that Pat was used as a "war-hawk, Republican" puppet. But when you watch it, you see that every media outlet and the chodes on the Congressional hearing were just as complacent. I lost a TON of respect for Henry Waxman after watching it. He had the pieces of crap responsible dead to rights, and he let them off the hook. He even THANKED them!

Basically, everyone who wasn't to the left or right of Pat or related to him was responsible for how it all went down.

Members online

Latest posts