Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (929 Reached!! 18 To Go!)

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Total unique Astros autographs: 929
Players Still Needed: 18

List of Needs:

Brandon Bailey
Dusty Baker
Joe Biagini
Humberto Castellanos
Jay Dahl
Chase De Jong
Luis Garcia
Dustin Garneau
Zach Greinke
Wade Miley
Ryan Pressly
Brooks Raley
Nivaldo Rodriguez
Carlos Sanabria
Andre Scrubb
Joe Smith
Cy Sneed
Blake Taylor

I started this project roughly 10 years ago. Crazy that the list is below 25 needs!

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two latest pickups:

Brett Myers, super tough auto. I wish I had him on a card, but this will do for now.

Mike Marshall, also signed by John Smoltz and Jim Perry. I got this for a mere $40 shipped. Dr. Mike Marshall is incredibly tough. He rarely signed as a player and is notoriously anti-autograph. He did a private signing a few years ago at $250 a pop. I'll take this at $40.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (74 To Go!)

Pics aren’t showing up for me but gotta be thrilled with a Marshall pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's incredible, are you looking for autos in a Houston uni only? I don't have any on your list, just curious. Really cool, and massive project.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks to Chris Potter, Marshall can be had for under $100 on just about anything but maybe a ball now. Not sure how deep his stock goes, but I have been able to add several cards and a SI and all were under $100 each. There are still plenty of listings at the old price range though, keeping those not actively looking for one in the dark on the newer wider availability.

I'm guessing some of those will just need to be customs made from cuts.

Two latest pickups:

Brett Myers, super tough auto. I wish I had him on a card, but this will do for now.

Mike Marshall, also signed by John Smoltz and Jim Perry. I got this for a mere $40 shipped. Dr. Mike Marshall is incredibly tough. He rarely signed as a player and is notoriously anti-autograph. He did a private signing a few years ago at $250 a pop. I'll take this at $40.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
That's incredible, are you looking for autos in a Houston uni only? I don't have any on your list, just curious. Really cool, and massive project.
It has to fall into one of three categories:

1. Wearing an Astros uniform.
2. Wearing a Minor League uniform without obvious team affiliation. Sugarland Skeeters is fine. Iowa Cubs is not.
3. No team shown. This is baseballs, index cards, etc.

Anthony, sending you a PM.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Thanks to Chris Potter, Marshall can be had for under $100 on just about anything but maybe a ball now. Not sure how deep his stock goes, but I have been able to add several cards and a SI and all were under $100 each. There are still plenty of listings at the old price range though, keeping those not actively looking for one in the dark on the newer wider availability.

I'm guessing some of those will just need to be customs made from cuts.
I actually won this from one of Chris Potter's auctions. He accidentally called John Smoltz the wrong name in the title, which I think helped keep the price lower.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two more in today!

Samuel Deduno

Erik Kratz, famous for falling on his face coming out of the dugout in his first introduction as an Astros player.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Nice. I need to upgrade my Reggie Harris. For a guy that seems to sign pretty easily TTM I’ve had horrible luck with him. First time I sent a custom and got back somebody else’s custom instead. I identified who it belonged to and they were kind enough to send me a signed magazine bio page which is ok enough. So I tried this year with a new Brewers custom and I appear to be the only one not getting a return lol

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Reggie Harris has failed to return my custom of him three times. I wonder if he has some kind of anger with the Astros. I don't remember him leaving on horrible terms.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Love that you are getting near on your collection! I know my Yankees collection will NEVER be completed, but I'm shooting for over 1000 different players.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Love that you are getting near on your collection! I know my Yankees collection will NEVER be completed, but I'm shooting for over 1000 different players.
Isn’t that the fun of this tho...even if you complete it, there will be new guys next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Isn’t that the fun of this tho...even if you complete it, there will be new guys next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

It IS the fun of it......and with the Yankees, I'm going to have to rely a lot on the new guys, because the old ones keep getting more and more expensive!!!

Latest posts