Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (980 Reached!! 21 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A ton of updates since my last post.

IMG_8800.jpg
Triple signed Bagwell, Gonzalez, and Rhodes rookie card. I did not get this cheap, but it was worth every penny.

IMG_8793.jpg
Lance Berkman also signed by Glenn Davis. I am a sucker for multi-signed cards.

IMG_8790.jpg
Curt Blefary

IMG_8797.jpg
Bruce Bochy, Mike Fischlin, and Don Pisker (never made the team) signed rookie card.

IMG_8787.jpg
John Hoffman

IMG_8788.jpg
Erik Kratz, through a private signing. This is the only card ever made that shows him with the Astros.

IMG_8789.jpg
Jeff Leonard

IMG_8792.jpg
Matt Lindstrom

IMG_8798.jpg
Jordan Lyles. Between him and Jon Singleton, I think we have definitive proof that weed is NOT a performance enhancer.

IMG_8799.jpg
Tom Martin

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It would not let me post so many images at once, so here is part two!

IMG_8791.jpg
Justin Maxwell

IMG_8796.jpg
Lance McCullers, Jr. I have had like six copies of this autographed card and never realized that I had a Minor League card in my permanent collection.

IMG_8794.jpg
Carl Nichols

IMG_8795.jpg
JR Richard

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Man those doubles and triple are sweet! The Kratz is sweet too, met him a couple times when he was down with Lehigh Valley...

I need to get Lindstrom...I have his autograph, but I need a 3x5 or something saying “last pitch at Shea”, I have first pitch, first hit and last hit...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I see a couple former Dodgers in there too, well Davis shown as a Dodger, Jeff Leonard and Tom Martin. Luis Gonzalez was a Dodger too. Nice haul. Like the 78 James Rodney too. Classic set for signed cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can't seem to figure out how to insert an image in the messages (maybe you can't?), so here are the two I was talking about.IMG_6783.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have Ernest Riles coming from a private signing. Once that auto arrives, Jay Dahl will be the only player I need from before 2017.

There is a Jay Dahl on eBay but the seller wants an insane price for it. I want it, but I am not a sucker.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One player knocked off of the needs list (down to 11!) and five upgrades including two HUGE upgrades. My wife also got me a photo system for Father's Day that I am still trying to perfect.

IMG_8984.jpg
First, the player off of the needs list is Ernie Riles. The image is terrible, but this is the only known image of him with the Astros and it was a 2inx2in photo in a yearbook. So this was the least grainy I could get the custom.

Five upgrades, starting with the biggies!

IMG_8988.jpg
Dual signed Nolan Ryan and Jose Cruz. This is an upgrade for Nolan Ryan from a team postcard and it is dual signed.

IMG_8987.jpg
I took a risk with this one. I found the card signed by Beauchamp who passed away quite a while ago. I sent it to Dierker and it came back today. Really pumped, because the upgrade is for Beauchamp, not Dierker.

IMG_8989.jpg
Jordan Schafer

IMG_8985.jpg
Colin Moran

IMG_8986.jpg
Ron Taylor

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades today.

IMG_9128.jpg
JR Phillips (from a private signing) upgraded from a Minor League card.

IMG_9127.jpg
It is pretty beat up, but I got it at a good price. Pete Runnels upgraded from an Index Card.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades since my last update. One huge, both tough.

IMG_9235.jpg
Yorkis Perez from a private signing. Another homemade custom card.

IMG_9234.jpg
Leo Durocher. Not SUPER rare, but hard to find at a good price. He does not have a ton of Astros stuff out there.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I posted too soon! Today's mail brought a NEW ADDITION to the collection and one upgrade.

IMG_9240.jpg
Carl Warwick, upgraded from a team postcard.

IMG_9239.jpg
Garrett Stubbs, the new addition that brings me down to 11 needs (until the season starts)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Might be a bit out of your wheelhouse and quite obscure, but I have an item up on ebay now that I just discovered has tied to the Astros. His name was Carol V Davis and he went by CV. He worked for the White Sox and Cubs from 1956-82 and then joined the Astros in 1983. He died in 1987, while still employed by the Astros as a scout.

Members online

Latest posts