Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
That is some good stuff! Bummer that so many players were missed in certain uniforms, simple because Topps couldn't possibly get everyone and in all various uniforms. I remember the Lemongello card in 1978 Topps (I knew them all by heart originally). He had quite a story after baseball. I think I tracked down his 78 T auto for my collection, but I don't remember now. It was my first set and would love to have a complete signed set some day. Have most of them, but have never actually tried to see who I am missing. I am pretty certain I don't have Messersmith and probably never will. I'm sure there are a few more toughies I missed.

His baseball story itself is pretty nuts, but his post-baseball shenanigans are legendary.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade this week.

IMG_2198.jpg
David Weathers TTM. I've sent him two previous Astros customs and he never signed either of the two previous attempts. Glad he changed his mind for this one!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two updates, but THREE steps backwards. With the Astros debuts of Robel Garcia, Chaz McCormick, and Ryne Stanek, I now need 20 additions.

IMG_2371.jpg
Pat Borders custom from a Private Signing.

IMG_2372.jpg
Dan Schneider. eBay purchase.

I have a HUGE upgrade coming in soon. Naturally my eBay Bucks hit the day AFTER I bought it lol

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry, but always enjoy seeing your progress.

Before this season, I always felt the new adds were part of the fun. Especially since, in my case, I closed the other end of that game by getting everyone before 2020. The Dodgers picked up Mookie Betts for 2020 though, which seems very bad for me. All of his autos are EXPENSIVE. Plus, he has yet to have a Dodger auto show up yet. if I am going to fork out big bucks, I'd like it to be a dodger card at least. I made that mistake with Yu Darvish, don't want to repeat that! I wonder if that is some sort of contractual thing for Betts, as he was a big part of the Dodgers last year and yet, he is being silent on the auto front???

Then, 2 rookies debuted and they are stupid prices, so not sure it is as much fun now. A few other scrubs have been added to the list and I have been able to add them fairly easily, as with most of the past adds (just not in Dodger unis). I need to see if I had gotten a Bauer before he joined. he could be a temporary roadblock too. Not paying out the nose for a pitcher unless his name is Koufax or Kershaw!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades today. One is somewhat hard to find. The other is one of the biggest upgrades I've had in years.

IMG_2407.jpg
David Matranga. This is his only Astros card and oddly, it is an autograph. For a card that has 355 copies, it is tough to find. Likely because it would be hard to sell!

IMG_2408.jpg
Dick Farrell. HUGE addition. He died in 1977, so only had a decade or so to sign his Astros/Colt .45s cards. I did not get a bargain on this one, but I am thrilled to add it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice Turk! I missed out on a Dodger photo signed by him and although no matter how high I might have bid, I was probably going to lose regardless. I sometimes hate having common sense and fiscal responsibility when it comes to spending on sports memorabilia. If I was a multimillionaire lottery winner, that common sense/fiscal responsibility would be gone!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Nice Turk! I missed out on a Dodger photo signed by him and although no matter how high I might have bid, I was probably going to lose regardless. I sometimes hate having common sense and fiscal responsibility when it comes to spending on sports memorabilia. If I was a multimillionaire lottery winner, that common sense/fiscal responsibility would be gone!
Well, here is the funny part. The Farrell auto that this one replaced was a signed newspaper clipping featuring him and Sandy Koufax. I hope one day to find a private signing to get it completed, but that's secondary secondary secondary lol

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Well, with MLB forcing the Astros to use Minor Leaguers because 2/3s of our rosters is out on Covid protocols despite not actually having Covid, my list has changed.

I have added two guys to the needs list: Jake Odorizzi and Alex De Goti

One of our callups already had a Bowman autograph that I snagged a while back assuming he would eventually make the team.

IMG_2460.jpg
Ronnie Dawson

EDIT:

I also had one update show up today after I posted this.

IMG_2471.jpg
Ken MacKenzie

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Sometimes going through your collection pays off! I found THREE upgrades that I already had. DOH!

Also, the Astros had another player debut today, but I already had his autograph, so just an addition.

IMG_2479.jpg
I had this with my multi-signed cards without realizing that I had not put a card in for either Busse or Greif. Hopefully I can get another completed to put in both of their slots.

IMG_2478.jpg
Also in my multi-signed box. I already had a copy in Candy Harris' slot but Dukes was an index card. So upgraded there too!

IMG_2477.jpg
Peter Solomon debuted today with three popups and a walk. Not bad.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Three upgrades in the last few days.

IMG_2489.jpg
Reggie Harris from a Private Signing

IMG_2488.jpg
Jim Mahoney TTM. He does not have any Astros photos, so I had to put the old hat from when he played on a Boston (?) photo.

IMG_2487.jpg
Craig Smajstrla TTM. Finally found a pic of him with the Astros, so knocked it off the upgrade list.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
HUUUUGE addition to my collection. Y'all know I love my multi-signed cards. I am technically calling this an upgrade of Colby Rasmus.

IMG_2556.jpg
Triple signed Colby Rasmus, Jake Marisnick, and George Springer!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
New addition because of a premier. I've had the auto for a while already.

IMG_2671.jpg

Tyler Ivey

EDIT: As this posted, I realized his autograph looks a bit like he drew a ***** on himself.

Members online

Latest posts