Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Very few.

Mark Ross said it was the first Astros card he had ever seen. Russ Springer asked me to send copies for him, which I did.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades since my last post. Both are guys with no known Astros photos and an interesting coincidence after @MrMet2.0 asked his question.

IMG_4298.jpg
Mike Nagy TTM. This was a face swap. I think the body is actually Dave Roberts (1970s pitcher)

IMG_4299.jpg
Danny Boone TTM. Another face swap. This one is the body of Bob Knepper.

And the coincidence of your question?

IMG_4300.jpg

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Two upgrades since my last post. Both are guys with no known Astros photos and an interesting coincidence after @MrMet2.0 asked his question.

View attachment 315704
Mike Nagy TTM. This was a face swap. I think the body is actually Dave Roberts (1970s pitcher)

View attachment 315705
Danny Boone TTM. Another face swap. This one is the body of Bob Knepper.

And the coincidence of your question?

View attachment 315706

Haha! I knew it was coming! Lol. That letter to me is just as cool as the signed card. Can’t believe more guys don’t respond to your customs that way….Now do you write him back again to answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been a long time with no updates, but a few nice additions since my last one. They are all updates, so no names off of my main needs list.

IMG_4994.jpg
Upgraded from a signed Minute Maid Park card.

IMG_4995.jpg
Upgraded from an index card.

IMG_4999.jpg
Upgraded from a single signed Yuli rookie. If I get another, I'll place it in my current Bregman slot too.

IMG_4996.jpg
Jeff McCurry custom signed TTM. He does not have any Astros cards, so another good addition.

IMG_4997.jpg
Derrel Thomas via Private Signing. Another custom because he does not have an Astros card.

IMG_4998.jpg
Marc Valdes TTM. Another custom. He does not have any Astros cards and had no known pictures playing for the Astros. He played about 1/3 of a season with Houston and I was able to find one of his relief appearances on a grainy YouTube video of an entire game. This was the best image I could find, but it is actually him. He also included a note saying that he appreciated the extras I sent him and that they were the most baseball card-like customs anyone had ever sent him.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade since my last update.

IMG_5270.jpg
Enerio Del Rosario. This was done in a private signing in the Dominican Republic and I bought it after the fact. I would have preferred one of my customs, but this one is not bad.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Three upgrades since my last update. The first should have been updated a long time ago. The other two were ones I was not sure would ever get upgraded.

IMG_6175.jpg
Joe Boever, upgrade from an index card.

IMG_6174.jpg
Mick Kelleher, upgrade from an index card. This is another player that does not have an actual picture with the Astros, so I made one.

IMG_6176.jpg
Hipolito Pichardo, upgrade from a Mexican League card. This one came from a private signing that seemed doomed to fail, but they managed to find him!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Since my last update, six Astros have debuted, I knocked one off of my needs list, and updated two.

Debuts:

Ronel Blanco
Niko Goodrum
Parker Mushinski
Hector Nerris
Jeremy Pena
Joe Perez

Knocked off the needs list thanks to a private signing.

IMG_6686.jpg
Humberto Castellanos. Debuted during the strange "throw-spaghetti-at-the-wall" season that was 2020. He is already out of baseball.

Two upgrades.

IMG_6684.jpg
Upgrade for Don Bryant from an index card. I also have this single signed by Shea.

IMG_6685.jpg
Skip Jutze upgraded from an Astros postcard. I'm honestly not sure why it took me so long to upgrade this one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Jutze is not an easy signature for whatever reason. Maybe he is just a grumpy signer. I had a heck of a time finding a 78 Topps Mariner card signed by him when I was trying to finish that team set. I even tracked his address down online at one point, thinking I might try to send a card. Never did. Have not searched for a while, but I rarely saw any signatures of his when I was looking.

I thought the Dodgers burned through a lot of guys, but seems they do their roster shuffling later in the season. that is crazy how many new debuts you see for them already. Aside from new marquee pick up Freeman and Kimbrel, the Dodgers have only so far added this season Andrew Heaney, Hanser Alberto and Tyler Anderson. I already had Kimbrel and Heaney too. I know more are coming, but i try to be as prepared as possible and have accepted the fact that most new adds are going to be not shown as a Dodger unless they stick around a bit.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The Astros have been bit by the injury bug early this season, which has led to several callups. Typically we follow the same pattern you see with the Dodgers.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Weird how I will go a month without an update and then have two in a week lol

Two new additions today.

IMG_6704.jpg
Joe Perez in a purchase from another trading site.

IMG_6703.jpg
J.J. Matijevic debuted last night. I've had this auto for a while.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One new addition and five upgrades (including two TOUGHIES) since my last update.

First, the new addition.

IMG_6977.jpg
Rafael Montero. This is a teamless card that was a throw-in from a trade. I'll take it until (if) he gets an Astros card.

IMG_6973.jpg
Jackie Brandt - private signing. Upgraded from a photo.

IMG_6975.jpg
Mike Brumley - private signing

IMG_6974.jpg
John Franco - private signing. He rarely signs, so jumped on this one before he stops. This is his only Astros card. If Nieve ever does a private signing, I'll get it dual signed.

IMG_6976.jpg
Roger Mason - private signing. There are no actual pictures of Mason with the Astros, this is a jersey swap.

IMG_6972.jpg
Brett Myers - private signing. This was a biggie. He HATES signing autographs, so I jumped when he agreed to a signing.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One step forward, one step back. Mauricio Dubon debuted with the Astros, which adds one to my needs list. I also got a new addition and two upgrades since my last post.

IMG_7234.jpg
Chas McCormick, new addition. Signed TTM.

IMG_7236.jpg
Nate Colbert, purchased. Maybe one day Greg Sims will do a private signing, but he's one of the hardest autographs to find from former Astros period.

IMG_7235.jpg
Bruce Von Hoff, purchased. Here is a lesson in organization. I got Von Hoff TTM a few months before he passed away on an index card. A few weeks later, he did an interview with me and afterwards sent me another index card and this card signed. I already had him marked as completed, so I traded the card. Big dummy. So now I've bought it again, but after his death, so it cost me a lot more than the original stamp did.

Get organized sooner than later, friends.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A new addition and a few upgrades since my last update.

IMG_7530.jpg
First, the new addition. Austin Pruitt. He pitched 2.2 innings for us and then was traded away.

IMG_7535.jpg
Mickey Storey. He manages a minor league team now. One of my buddies was able to grab this for me.

IMG_7529.jpg
Bobby Tiefenauer. One of the original Colt .45s. This was a purchase.

IMG_7528.jpg
Another toughie from the early years. This was another purchase.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A new addition and a few upgrades since my last update.

View attachment 339551
First, the new addition. Austin Pruitt. He pitched 2.2 innings for us and then was traded away.

View attachment 339552
Mickey Storey. He manages a minor league team now. One of my buddies was able to grab this for me.

View attachment 339553
Bobby Tiefenauer. One of the original Colt .45s. This was a purchase.

View attachment 339554
Another toughie from the early years. This was another purchase.
Nice additions, especially the older cards

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades and a new addition since my last update.

First, the new addition is Korey Lee. I had this one already awaiting his debut with the team, which happened in the Angels series.

IMG_7776.jpg

The first upgrade is Travis Buck via TTM. I saw someone got a success and took a chance. Upgraded from a Minor League card.

IMG_7775.jpg
He also signed another custom of him and Matt Downs, which I'm sending off in hopes of having a custom dual-signature.

Finally, a HUGE upgrade. This was one I wasn't sure would ever happen.

IMG_7774.jpg
Dave Adlesh died in 2016, he was famously tough to get a signature from. This is one of only three cards he ever had issued, only two of which were with the Astros. Having it signed by both is just icing on the cake. This one set me back more than I would normally go, but it could be years before another popped up.

Members online

Latest posts