Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (980 Reached!! 22 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Two upgrades and a new addition since my last update.

First, the new addition is Korey Lee. I had this one already awaiting his debut with the team, which happened in the Angels series.

View attachment 339940

The first upgrade is Travis Buck via TTM. I saw someone got a success and took a chance. Upgraded from a Minor League card.

View attachment 339941
He also signed another custom of him and Matt Downs, which I'm sending off in hopes of having a custom dual-signature.

Finally, a HUGE upgrade. This was one I wasn't sure would ever happen.

View attachment 339942
Dave Adlesh died in 2016, he was famously tough to get a signature from. This is one of only three cards he ever had issued, only two of which were with the Astros. Having it signed by both is just icing on the cake. This one set me back more than I would normally go, but it could be years before another popped up.
Nice additions, especially that 1967 dual signed....Congrats!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Four upgrades.

IMG_7868.jpg
Jack Daugherty. Obtained TTM. I did a face swap, as this was actually a picture of Jeff Bagwell.

IMG_7867.jpg
Cameron Drew. This autograph is so rare that I once paid $30 for a minor league card. Got this one for a $5 BIN. Another copy sold for $7 BIN. Go figure. I don't think the seller had any clue how rare his auto is.

IMG_7869.jpg
Terry Collins. Obtained TTM. I have no idea what took me so long to get a copy of this card to send off.

IMG_7866.jpg
Ron Washington. Obtained TTM. I thought I had missed the TTM train on him. He returned a ton of stuff and then stopped for almost a year. Luckily I was in the ones he had kept ahold of and returned.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Three new additions in one post, it may never happen again!

IMG_8165.jpg
Jeremy Pena. Picked this up for a decent price. He's in second place for ROY right now.

IMG_8167.jpg
Jose Siri. Picked this up super cheap and JUST IN TIME FOR HIM TO BE TRADED lol

IMG_8166.jpg
Cy Sneed. He played in 2020 and then immediately moved to Japan. Luckily I found a collector in Japan that was able to get this for me in exchange for some other former Astros that played in Japan and they didn't have. I'm sure he won't be rare in the long term, but for right now this one is impossible to find.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Ha! Mancini will be fairly simple. Vazquez is 50/50 for getting a card. Will Smith? Middle relievers so rarely get cards unless they were rookies for that team.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Three upgrades since my last post. One of them is the type of upgrade only a team-focused collector can love.

IMG_8269.jpg
Stephen Randolph via private signing. He asked if I would send him a copy, which was cool.

IMG_8268.jpg
Gregg Olson via Private Signing. I had to make this picture, but the face he was making in the original was too good for me not to use. He signed it! LOL

IMG_8267.jpg
Chia-Jen Lo and Cody Clark dual-signed. I spent several years hoarding Chia-Jen Lo autographs because I suspect this will become one of the hardest cards in the set to find signed. I risked sending a copy to Cody Clark TTM and he signed it. I likely have the only dual-signed copy of this card. Lo's signature is hard enough, but then you have to have enough knowledge to know who the other player was during an era of very forgettable Astros players.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
How many of your remaining 31 are active players vs. retired? Or is there some other metric you use when you think about how many of them are missing because they're recent Astros, vs. being difficult autos to track down?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
30 of the 31 missing are active players. Most of those 30 just don't have Astros cards yet. Greinke is the one that will remain tough because he famously hates signing stuff.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Grienke has been an interesting character since the day he started, but he's a great pitcher.
30 of the 31 missing are active players. Most of those 30 just don't have Astros cards yet. Greinke is the one that will remain tough because he famously hates signing stuff.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades since my last post, one that I wasn't sure I'd ever get.

IMG_8363.jpg
Chris Coste on one of my customs via consignment. Apparently he was SUPER cool and asked the consigner for a copy. I have one in the mail to him.

IMG_8362.jpg
Jason Green via personal friend. This is one for those of you that collect team autos and love the obscure guys. Jason Green pitched 14 games in 2000 and then disappeared into the snowy abyss that is Canada. Somehow he managed to have ONE card made of him that is itself limited to only 999 copies. In my pursuit of every autograph from the Astros, I started researching Jason Green and managed to find the scout that originally put Jason Green on the radar for the Astros. He still kept in touch with Mr. Green, but had no idea if he would be at all willing to sign an autograph. He then gave me a phone number.

I'm going to be honest, cold calling someone to ask for an autograph is not something that is in my comfort zone, BUT I have a friend that has done obscure consignments for over a decade and he has no qualms about such things. Fast forward TWO YEARS later, and I now have a card that is likely one- or two-of-a-kind. It will not leave my possession unless Berkman does a private signing that guarantees I can complete the card.

Members online