Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (980 Reached!! 22 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
With the debut of JP France, I am back to 31 needs.

I have two upgrades since my last post.

IMG_0168 (1).jpg
Alex De Goti. Upgraded from a custom. I didn't think he would get a card, but Update sometimes has surprises.

IMG_0167 (1).jpg
Don McMahon. Pretty tough vintage auto. Upgrade from an index card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice score on the McMahon. Needed him for my Dodger collection, since he was a coach.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One update since my last post.

IMG_0363.jpg
Scott Moore via TTM. Upgraded from a minor league card.

I will likely have an update soon because Grae Kessinger got called up but hasn't played yet. Unfortunately, I do not have a preemptive strike auto ready for him.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A huge update that would not have been possible without @BucCollector showing off his collection. Both of these guys are deceased and never had Astros cards made. After commenting on how awesome one of his Pirates customs looked, BucCollector pointed me in the direction of a killer custom maker.

IMG_0385 (1).jpg
Bob Cerv, upgraded from an index card. Technically it's the same index card, since it is now embedded in the card.

IMG_0384 (1).jpg
Arnold Earley, upgraded from in an index card.

I'm so pumped about these.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
With the debut of Shawn Dubin last night, I take another step back.

One upgrade since my last update.

IMG_0452 (1).jpg
Gustavo Chacin signed TTM, upgrade from a Minor League card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Unlike past years, the Dodgers are killing me with new call-ups that don't seen to have cheap, existing autographs I can quickly grab. i am up to needing 11, from a running average of needing about 4. its mostly scrub pitchers that they cast away after a few appearances.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
First new addition in a while. With the debut of Bligh Madris, my needs list technically went up by one but I already had an auto ready for his debut.

IMG_0504 (1).jpg

Here is what is super weird about this card existing. Topps made an Astros autograph of him after he was traded to the team and placed in the Minors. It was only because of unexpected injuries that he was called up. There are guys that have been on the team for two or more years that still don't have any Astros cards period but they made this one on the off chance he got called up. Super weird.

Regardless, happy not to have fallen back with his debut. I'm hoping two strikeouts and a walk aren't indicative of what he has to provide the team going forward.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A rare new addition!

IMG_0595 (1).jpg
Dustin Garneau was a backup catcher in 2020. His only memorable moment with the Astros was tackling Ramon Laureano when he tried to fight our hitting coach.

It also puts me at 960 unique Astros autographs!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades in today, both are toughies.

IMG_0640 (1).jpg
Mike Cuellar, upgraded from a signature on a team ball.

IMG_0639 (1).jpg
Steve Hertz, upgraded from an index card. I also need Joe Hoerner on this card and would love one signed by both, but that will probably never happen, as Hoerner is deceased and Hertz no longer signs for any reason.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
First new addition in a while. With the debut of Bligh Madris, my needs list technically went up by one but I already had an auto ready for his debut.

View attachment 348611

View attachment 348611

Here is what is super weird about this card existing. Topps made an Astros autograph of him after he was traded to the team and placed in the Minors. It was only because of unexpected injuries that he was called up. There are guys that have been on the team for two or more years that still don't have any Astros cards period but they made this one on the off chance he got called up. Super weird.

Regardless, happy not to have fallen back with his debut. I'm hoping two strikeouts and a walk aren't indicative of what he has to provide the team going forward.
Perhaps they already had a stockpile of Madris sticker autos to get rid of.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Have liked Cuellar ever since I saw his 1976 Topps card. Plus he had a pretty darn good career too. 67s are a favorite of mine. I am sad he didn't have a 61 though. Lucky he got that 60T card.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Knocked a name off my needs list on my birthday today!

IMG_0652 (1).jpg
Yainer Diaz, our new hotshot catcher that Dusty Baker all but refuses to play, despite him having one of the highest OPS on the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts