Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (980 Reached!! 22 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One new addition and a nice upgrade since my last update.

IMG_0765 (1).jpg
Trey Mancini is the new addition. He wasn't in Houston long, and did not do particularly well, but he had a HUGE play in the World Series that likely saved the game. His prices on Astros autos were absurdly high compared to his other autos, but for some reason they came back to reality when the Tribute autos dropped.

IMG_0766 (1).jpg
Chris Zachary upgraded from an index card. He's not particularly rare, but the few Astros autographs were being held hostage at 5x his other autos. One finally dropped at a reasonable price.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade.

IMG_0798.jpg
Ron Davis, upgraded from an autograph on a team ball. This is his only Astros card. While he isn't incredibly rare, he died in 1992 and his autos aren't getting any easier to find.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A cool new addition today, dropping me back to 30 needs.

IMG_0810 (1).jpg
Ken Emanuel IP consignment.

This is his only Astros card, but this is why that's crazy. He did not have a card in Stadium Club, only in Stadium Club Chrome. There are so few of these out there to even get signed. Pumped to have it and not a custom.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade since my last post.

IMG_0848 (1).jpg
Stee Henderson upgraded from an index card. This was obtained in a private signing. It may also be one of my favorite Astros pictures of all time. He looks like he just saw something horrifying happen.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A super cool addition to my collection thanks to @MrMet2.0 arrived this weekend.

IMG_1007.jpg
I have waned to get this card signed since this card came out in 2015. There was an era of Astros baseball in which the actual baseball was not particularly enjoyable but we had the most entertaining mascot in all of MLB. This was true for about three years. One of those years was 2014 and one of the funniest things Orbit would do is hold up these signs behind guys that absolutely owned us. JP Arencibia was one of those guys that just shelled our pitching and this particular sign always made me laugh.

I have tried with five or six different graphers to get this card signed, but he was always a solid "NO" on it. I saw that Scott had successfully gotten him and started talking to him about this card. He offered to try and apparently Mr. Arencibia has softened on his stance about this card.

I know most people would look at this card and think it silly, but this is a huge addition to me.

Thank you for the help, Scott!

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
A super cool addition to my collection thanks to @MrMet2.0 arrived this weekend.

View attachment 350411
I have waned to get this card signed since this card came out in 2015. There was an era of Astros baseball in which the actual baseball was not particularly enjoyable but we had the most entertaining mascot in all of MLB. This was true for about three years. One of those years was 2014 and one of the funniest things Orbit would do is hold up these signs behind guys that absolutely owned us. JP Arencibia was one of those guys that just shelled our pitching and this particular sign always made me laugh.

I have tried with five or six different graphers to get this card signed, but he was always a solid "NO" on it. I saw that Scott had successfully gotten him and started talking to him about this card. He offered to try and apparently Mr. Arencibia has softened on his stance about this card.

I know most people would look at this card and think it silly, but this is a huge addition to me.

Thank you for the help, Scott!

Awesome! Glad it arrived safe! And it’s so weird about how he wouldn’t sign it, he had no issues and as soon as he saw the cards he talked about how he loved Orbit and was laughing the whole time. The only thing he wouldn’t do was write an insult back to orbit, which I asked, but he laughed it off. But yeah, no trouble with signing at all, he was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Awesome! Glad it arrived safe! And it’s so weird about how he wouldn’t sign it, he had no issues and as soon as he saw the cards he talked about how he loved Orbit and was laughing the whole time. The only thing he wouldn’t do was write an insult back to orbit, which I asked, but he laughed it off. But yeah, no trouble with signing at all, he was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
It was pretty soon after he was released from his last team and I think he had a reputation for just being generally grumpy at the time. I find that most players have this short period when they don't decide on their own to retire.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One update this week.

IMG_1041 (1).jpg
Mike Richardt via TTM, upgrading an index card. There are no pictures of him in an Astros uniform. This is actually a picture of Craig Biggio with the face swapped.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Almost a full month since I've had an upgrade or addition. It's getting more and more difficult to knock out needs!

IMG_1181 (1).jpg
Nelson Figueroa custom upgrading an index card. Not my best custom, but I had to use one I had made years ago because I found out about the signing with less than a day to get it out.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A month and a half since I've had an update, yikes!

One new addition and two updates (one is HUGE)

IMG_1432.jpg
JP France, one of our killer rookie pitchers. Hopefully will upgrade to a non-sticker soon.

IMG_1443.jpg
Curt Schilling, upgraded from a team postcard. Glad to have this off the list and not think about him again.

IMG_1431.jpg
Huge upgrade. Larry Howard, bonus that it is dual signed. I picked this up from a Canadian collector for less than a hanger box at Target. I've never seen this offered for under $200, so I was pumped to add this. He disappeared after the left baseball and his autograph is quite difficult to find, although oddly I had two signed index cards already.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade and one new addition since my last post.

IMG_1504.jpg
Jake Odorizzi, new addition. He's always been a little tough to get and apparently he did not enjoy his time in Houston, but he's off the list now.

IMG_1505.jpg
Cesar Geronimo is an upgrade from an index card. I paid more than I liked in a private signing, but he charges what he charges. His role with the Big Red Machine keeps his prices high.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice. His signatures seem to be fairly sparse in general, but at least he is doing signings. I don't remember seeing that card before, or at least it registering in my memory. Is it his first card?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts