Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakjerseys27

Nov 1, 2013
So, made a trade with a member on here. Two cards for two cards. This is what came in the mail today. Notice, pwe, and not enough postage. Oh yea, not to mention that the envelope was ripped open and absolutly nothing inside. My first trade on this site, first bad experience lol. Not a great day.
uploadfromtaptalk1390682243555.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
C'mon guys, are you too cheap to go into the post office and have the item weighed and ask for non-machine sorting? It only cost $0.20 extra for non-machine sorting. Twenty cents isn't going to break the bank knowing what you're sending to someone.

Fordman

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Welcome to the boards. Not a fun first transaction...

Obviously it does not look good, but have you contacted the member to see if he will make it right? Generally PWE's are frowned upon, but there's no mention of the value of the cards (on cheaper cards it is more understandable as shipping costs can make small deals too expensive to be worthwhile). Even assuming the shipping method was a poor choice, find out whether he (or she) is willing to make the situation right.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Obviously it does not look good, but have you contacted the member to see if he will make it right? Generally PWE's are frowned upon, but there's no mention of the value of the cards (on cheaper cards it is more understandable as shipping costs can make small deals too expensive to be worthwhile). Even assuming the shipping method was a poor choice, find out whether he (or she) is willing to make the situation right.
Welcome

Also please send me and a transaction mod deals on the trade while matters are being worked out with you and the trade partner. In the PM list the cards and values that you sent and the card and values you were to receive. Also include any other information that might be useful to include the thread the deal was made.

We will get this fixed.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I've sent hundreds of PWE in the mail, and never had anything like that happen. Seems to be bad luck. Though base on the indent they used a top load, I've always used a semi rigid when sending in PWE and of course only with standard thickness cards. I reject the frowned upon comment. Who is going to bubble mail a $3 card...trade just doesn't happen.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ive sent cards in toploaders, but I use normal sized envelopes, and fold up a piece of paper like a letter and tape it to it so it doesnt slide around in the envelope. So far, so good...

It is a bummer to get damaged mail like this though.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
He sent me a free card last week and it was in a top loader surrounded by 2 piece of thick cardboard from a box. I guess that's where the extra weight came from if he was sending two cards. IMO, PWE is ok to send free cards, but any trade I make gets a bubble mailer. It's common courtesy (not a jab at enfeugo, just my MO).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It only cost $0.20 extra for non-machine sorting. Twenty cents isn't going to break the bank knowing what you're sending to someone.
21 cents. Postage rates went up Sunday! ;)

And the fraudulent non-machineable charge is automatic for postage - a toploader with card makes the envelope too stiff to be able to ship with just a forever stamp.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sorry for the loss. Always sucks to loose a card you want.

I suggest spelling out in your trade how items will be shipped when making your deal so both parties are on same page. Generally, a toploader is a no-no for PWE, sorting machines can snag on them and rip the envelope open like what you show. A semi-rigid doesn't catch though, and in my opinion is a much better option for PWE transactions.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
So, made a trade with a member on here. Two cards for two cards. This is what came in the mail today. Notice, pwe, and not enough postage. Oh yea, not to mention that the envelope was ripped open and absolutly nothing inside. My first trade on this site, first bad experience lol. Not a great day.
View attachment 29163
Shoot me a message on who who colloect and I will see if i have anyone you need...

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
View attachment 29163
Let me know what you were due to receive. I probably can't comp you exactly (though I will try!) but am happy to try and send you something similar to what you were expecting to cover the mishap.

Welcome to the boards and I hope your next experience is more in line with what you would expect!

Best, Bill

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Will you please list what the trade was for?

I figure that's only fair since you started the thread to begin with and it's starting to get reaction like y'all exchanged Babe Ruth cut cards and yours never showed up. That might be extreme but I've traded with enfuego a few times and every time it's been for stupid base cards not worth more than a stamp or two anyways. Again, doesn't make it right or wrong but before I jump on the "send me what you were cheated of and I'll hope to replace" boat, would be nice to know what never ended up in your hands from the trade.

Would also be good to hear from enfuego...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION], Mac I can't see it as your concern as to the cards, sorry. Fact is the PWE arrived with postage due and lacking cards. thanks for defending the other trading partner but I will ask that you leave the details to the trading partners and Mods.

OP and enfuego please contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts