Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

cwgross144

May 26, 2012
Virginia
If you really want to swing your dick around, make sure you're perfect.

The difference between "your" and "you're" is a lot different than the difference between "convicted" and "arrested." One is a common grammatical mistakes (often due to fast typing, etc) while the other tells a different story completely.

Obviously it's your call, but if you want to get into a pissing match...prepare to get soaked.

Regardless, I'm glad you're proud of your column.
You caught me :eek:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
If you really want to swing your dick around, make sure you're perfect.

The difference between "your" and "you're" is a lot different than the difference between "convicted" and "arrested." One is a common grammatical mistakes (often due to fast typing, etc) while the other tells a different story completely.

Obviously it's your call, but if you want to get into a pissing match...prepare to get soaked.

Regardless, I'm glad you're proud of your column.
Contrary to your own popular belief, you don't have to hop into every thread and immediately be an asshole. The guy made a mistake and made an assumption.

Oh well. Seems like he was pretty contrite, corrected it and we can move on. Instead, the pissing match had to ensue....instigated by you.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Contrary to your own popular belief, you don't have to hop into every thread and immediately be an asshole. The guy made a mistake and made an assumption.

Oh well. Seems like he was pretty contrite, corrected it and we can move on. Instead, the pissing match had to ensue....instigated by you.
Corry was far more flippant than contrite. Wanting more of a pat on the back for doing a "good thing for the hobby" rather than just owning up to a simple error. The clown on Blowout was ridiculous for calling it out the way he did, no one denies that. However, it was what transpired that made it a comedy of dizzying intellect.

I mean seriously, the blog still has the "convicted" wording. My first posts in this thread indicated that. Nothing more. A simple "heads up" but wow, if the "Hot List" is going to be something FCB promotes...pay attention. Honest question, how many people at FCB need to say it's been fixed until it's actually fixed? Now granted, I don't expect you to do it [MENTION=3387]bmc398[/MENTION]...I'm just happy you can connect to Velcro straps to your shoes, but surely someone has access to the blog to fix that line.

Screen shot 2013-07-01 at 2.07.55 PM.png

A_Pharis

From CBS:

"Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was formally charged Wednesday afternoon with murder, more than a week after a body was found near his Massachusetts home."
[h=3]in·dict[/h]/inˈdīt/

Verb
Formally accuse or charge (someone) with a serious crime: "indicted for fraud".

Synonyms
accuse - charge - incriminate - impeach - arraign

???

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Corry was far more flippant than contrite. Wanting more of a pat on the back for doing a "good thing for the hobby" rather than just owning up to a simple error. The clown on Blowout was ridiculous for calling it out the way he did, no one denies that. However, it was what transpired that made it a comedy of dizzying intellect.

I mean seriously, the blog still has the "convicted" wording. My first posts in this thread indicated that. Nothing more. A simple "heads up" but wow, if the "Hot List" is going to be something FCB promotes...pay attention. Honest question, how many people at FCB need to say it's been fixed until it's actually fixed? Now granted, I don't expect you to do it @bmc398...I'm just happy you can connect to Velcro straps to your shoes, but surely someone has access to the blog to fix that line.

View attachment 18918
How about soon to be convicted? Who really cares? And why the personal attacks again? Why are you such a self righteous asshole that can do no wrong? I hope you don't handle yourself this way when people are actually around. Actually, I really don't care....if you do there probably aren't people around in real life to be an ass to so you come here.

I challenge you to go 1 post without being confrontational. I don't get it.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I thought he was formally charged. Would that not be indictment?
Maybe by the dictionary definition that you found. But not apparently under Massachusetts law.

From a USA Today article last week (and yeah, I get that USA Today isn't prevailing legal authority on the matter, but I saw similar language in multiple news stories):

"Hernandez also has a tentative July 24 date in O'Shea court for a probable cause hearing, although prosecutors could convene a grand jury before that date to seek a formal indictment, said Chris Dearborn, a criminal law professor at Suffolk University in Boston.

Once formally indicted, it could be months, if not over a year, until Hernandez stands trial."

A_Pharis

Maybe by the dictionary definition that you found. But not apparently under Massachusetts law.

From a USA Today article last week (and yeah, I get that USA Today isn't prevailing legal authority on the matter, but I saw similar language in multiple news stories):

"Hernandez also has a tentative July 24 date in O'Shea court for a probable cause hearing, although prosecutors could convene a grand jury before that date to seek a formal indictment, said Chris Dearborn, a criminal law professor at Suffolk University in Boston.

Once formally indicted, it could be months, if not over a year, until Hernandez stands trial."
Thanks for the explination. My bad! :)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
How about soon to be convicted? Who really cares? And why the personal attacks again? Why are you such a self righteous asshole that can do no wrong? I hope you don't handle yourself this way when people are actually around. Actually, I really don't care....if you do there probably aren't people around in real life to be an ass to so you come here.

I challenge you to go 1 post without being confrontational. I don't get it.
Who really cares? Wait, which part? I've already clearly acknowledged that the initial error/misleading wording wasn't the big issue...but how it was (or more importantly - wasn't) corrected. And "soon to be convicted?" I'm sure Willie Mays would see no difference in being referred to as "aging" vs "soon to be dead.

Now the funny part...you baited me, I accepted the challenge, now you take the high road? Come on assclown, read my posts...whatever few there are over the past weeks, months, etc...short of bantering with some blathering idiot on a General Chat thread (hint...it's you) and some prick who was in the midst of stealing the "Box of Goodies," there's not a lot of confrontation.

So again...don't pick a fight with me by jumping in the middle and call me an "asshole" then proceed to claim innocence. You, my little mongoloid, don't stand a chance. Arrogant, self-righteous or whatever...it's most importantly - correct.

cwgross144

May 26, 2012
Virginia
lol I'd say that you're and your is a lot different than saying someone is convicted of murder. Way to dodge the question tho.

You ARE a moron if you are comparing the difference between your and you're to mistaking a murder conviction. You're a clown.
Twat was the question? Me no understand.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Who really cares? Wait, which part? I've already clearly acknowledged that the initial error/misleading wording wasn't the big issue...but how it was (or more importantly - wasn't) corrected. And "soon to be convicted?" I'm sure Willie Mays would see no difference in being referred to as "aging" vs "soon to be dead.

Now the funny part...you baited me, I accepted the challenge, now you take the high road? Come on assclown, read my posts...whatever few there are over the past weeks, months, etc...short of bantering with some blathering idiot on a General Chat thread (hint...it's you) and some prick who was in the midst of stealing the "Box of Goodies," there's not a lot of confrontation.

So again...don't pick a fight with me by jumping in the middle and call me an "asshole" then proceed to claim innocence. You, my little mongoloid, don't stand a chance. Arrogant, self-righteous or whatever...it's most importantly - correct.
It's one thing to debate a point, which I am glad to do. It's the way you do it though...you mention the point once or twice and then hop on in belittling myself or anybody else who disagrees with you. I am sure your one friend loves you for it.

The funniest thing here is that this is stuff you would never say to my face. EVER. I called you an asshole because you were being an asshole to a member who donates his time to put together a column for readers to read and attract visitors to this site. Error or not, somebody is not going to stop showing up to the site because it says that Aaron Hernandez was convicted before he actually was (THE HORROR!). Nobody gives a XXXX about your opinion besides yourself....and you have proved this multiple times on here. You jump into a discussion and people withdraw because they don't want to be associated with you, your attitude, your point of view and again the self righteousness.

If you don't like the way the board is run or me, or those who spend their time on here trying to make it better you can go to blowout, SCF or wherever you like. I'll never understand people who want to come here and tear down everything they see or hear from this site. If it bugs you so much, why come?

Latest posts