Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks Hot List is LIVE.... and apparently a big deal on blow out.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It's one thing to debate a point, which I am glad to do. It's the way you do it though...you mention the point once or twice and then hop on in belittling myself or anybody else who disagrees with you. I am sure your one friend loves you for it.

The funniest thing here is that this is stuff you would never say to my face. EVER. I called you an asshole because you were being an asshole to a member who donates his time to put together a column for readers to read and attract visitors to this site. Error or not, somebody is not going to stop showing up to the site because it says that Aaron Hernandez was convicted before he actually was (THE HORROR!). Nobody gives a XXXX about your opinion besides yourself....and you have proved this multiple times on here. You jump into a discussion and people withdraw because they don't want to be associated with you, your attitude, your point of view and again the self righteousness.

If you don't like the way the board is run or me, or those who spend their time on here trying to make it better you can go to blowout, SCF or wherever you like. I'll never understand people who want to come here and tear down everything they see or hear from this site. If it bugs you so much, why come?
Bravo!!! The blog is corrected!

Bryan, you don't know me but I would indeed say all of this to your face...if you're truly as dumb as you come off. Now, you may get some macho rocks off by me saying that, but I'm not saying anything aggressive in the slightest. But I'll call out a hypocritical douche without question. So does that mean you'd want to fight me over it macho man? I'm not sure how many moderators are here...possibly more than active members, but those that know me, would expect me to say the same stuff in person. So you can puff your chest out and whatever you feel the need to do but it doesn't change anything here. You came after me. Granted, I called out Corry for his "you're" comment...but it ended there. He had his snarky rebuttal and it was over.

You then chime in calling me an asshole and implying that all of my posts are confrontational. They aren't. When you're involved, they tend to be because of that thick, mongoloid, vacuous melon of yours vomits out random thoughts without anything cohesive. You're not intelligent. But seriously, I thought that was common knowledge, is it not?

As for my opinion, regardless of any other opinions in this or previous posts, I was not mentioning opinions here...just facts. I came into this thread to highlight that the "error" was not corrected. That's it. The fact that the blog was not corrected when it was stated multiple times that it was corrected. That's not opinion, but fact. To continue that fact, it was just updated minutes ago. Still curious as to why I had to hammer that point home over, and over again? And again, if the "Hot List" is to be something to promote to help FCB...take some pride, some care.

Now I'm sure that your countless tasks as moderator don't afford you the time to think about things like public perception, updating topics, articles, etc...but surely if an error/mistake is creating a buzz "rational or irrational" basic logic dictates that someone would resolve it quickly. But hey, that's just me. That's how I roll...see problems and fix them.

Why do I come to FCB? For you Bryan. For you and your big and dumb manly tough guy nature. But seriously Bryan...no matter how glad you are to debate a point...you can't.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
To bring things back on topic a bit:

Does anyone have an idea as to why people are drawn to buying cards and jerseys from a guy that could potentially be convicted for (multiple?!) murders? Aaron Hernandez jerseys are selling for ridiculous money. I understand that there's no more supply. But I don't get why there would be any demand.

Granted, I bought Fausto Carmona and Leo Nunez autos because I thought it was funny they were autographing fake names. But that's a little different than murder.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The best part of this thread... when the guy with 24 posts started ranting about the mistake and acting like it was the biggest deal in the world. lol Probably the same tard who posted that on BO.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The best part of this thread... when the guy with 24 posts started ranting about the mistake and acting like it was the biggest deal in the world. lol Probably the same tard who posted that on BO.
I INSTANTLY had that thought. Stir pot, troll hard.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Bravo!!! The blog is corrected!

Bryan, you don't know me but I would indeed say all of this to your face...if you're truly as dumb as you come off. Now, you may get some macho rocks off by me saying that, but I'm not saying anything aggressive in the slightest. But I'll call out a hypocritical douche without question. So does that mean you'd want to fight me over it macho man? I'm not sure how many moderators are here...possibly more than active members, but those that know me, would expect me to say the same stuff in person. So you can puff your chest out and whatever you feel the need to do but it doesn't change anything here. You came after me. Granted, I called out Corry for his "you're" comment...but it ended there. He had his snarky rebuttal and it was over.

You then chime in calling me an asshole and implying that all of my posts are confrontational. They aren't. When you're involved, they tend to be because of that thick, mongoloid, vacuous melon of yours vomits out random thoughts without anything cohesive. You're not intelligent. But seriously, I thought that was common knowledge, is it not?

As for my opinion, regardless of any other opinions in this or previous posts, I was not mentioning opinions here...just facts. I came into this thread to highlight that the "error" was not corrected. That's it. The fact that the blog was not corrected when it was stated multiple times that it was corrected. That's not opinion, but fact. To continue that fact, it was just updated minutes ago. Still curious as to why I had to hammer that point home over, and over again? And again, if the "Hot List" is to be something to promote to help FCB...take some pride, some care.

Now I'm sure that your countless tasks as moderator don't afford you the time to think about things like public perception, updating topics, articles, etc...but surely if an error/mistake is creating a buzz "rational or irrational" basic logic dictates that someone would resolve it quickly. But hey, that's just me. That's how I roll...see problems and fix them.

Why do I come to FCB? For you Bryan. For you and your big and dumb manly tough guy nature. But seriously Bryan...no matter how glad you are to debate a point...you can't.
No threat of violence here. You simply wouldn't say the above to anybody in person....because a person who treats strangers the way you do isn't around people for long.

I simply don't understand why you can't treat the board like the other 99% of users on here. Say what you need to and move on. Instead, you say something dig at somebody, dig at somebody more and get even more personal. It's not what the board is about. I put up for somebody who is doing the best they can and donating time to generate content, content that you come here bi-weekly to read no doubt. You don't need to XXXX on EVERYTHING you don't like and EVERYBODY you disagree with. That's not what THIS board is about. That's all. I called you an asshole because you were acting like one and it spiraled from there.

I apologize to myself and the board for taking it there. Nothing I or anybody else says will change your behavior and the way you carry and represent yourself and I now understand that.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No threat of violence here. You simply wouldn't say the above to anybody in person....because a person who treats strangers the way you do isn't around people for long.

I simply don't understand why you can't treat the board like the other 99% of users on here. Say what you need to and move on. Instead, you say something dig at somebody, dig at somebody more and get even more personal. It's not what the board is about. I put up for somebody who is doing the best they can and donating time to generate content, content that you come here bi-weekly to read no doubt. You don't need to XXXX on EVERYTHING you don't like and EVERYBODY you disagree with. That's not what THIS board is about. That's all. I called you an asshole because you were acting like one and it spiraled from there.

I apologize to myself and the board for taking it there. Nothing I or anybody else says will change your behavior and the way you carry and represent yourself and I now understand that.
Don't pull this farcical "high road" crap. After being dismantled by multiple people in multiple threads in the General Chat, you apparently became the most distraught with my posts at you…therefore you (not me) hopped into this thread solely to call me an asshole who hops into every thread.

You want the recap? Whole recap?

There was no "pissing match" that ensued, nor was it started by me.

I made a few posts in this thread about the "convicted" line not being corrected, although it was stated that it was already corrected. It was not. I didn't state that fact in an "asshole" manner.

So maxe0213 posts that "Usually errors aren't that big of a deal. But saying someone is convicted of murder and saying "before his conviction" implying he's convicted is a pretty big mistake." and gets a response of "If you say so slick" from brown.

maxe0213 responds with the famed "your" line "Seriously? Your ignorant. Saying someone is convicted of murder before they actually are is a pretty big fu$# up bud." Which, while grammatically incorrect is still true.

Corry then responds with "It's 'you're.'" His only response prior doesn't show him being "contrite" as you state, but simply "Yeah it's really discouraging when people that say things like that. I spend hours doing the list because I enjoy writing, and think I'm doing a good thing for the hobby, and then I get criticized for it. Not my definition of fun!"

As if "doing a good thing for the hobby" and "[enjoying] writing" gives him a pass for not simply acknowledging the big difference between "convicted" and "arrested."

Surprised that there was still little to no admission of error or even implied understanding that he understood the error (on FCB or Blowout), he chose to swing his dick and nitpick a user responding to his error. I called him out on that. Own up to the error and move on. He responds to my comment (which was not instigating anything, but more blunt than being an "asshole") and that was that. Sure, it probably came out more blunt than needed, but the defensive nature of Corry in every post about his error, it didn't matter how it was written as his response would be the same.

You, our mongoloid "Super Moderator", then felt the need to actually instigate me and state that I "hop into every thread and immediately be an asshole." I don't. However, I can be an asshole…I can own that. My sarcastic nature and hearty Midwestern upbringing afford me the ability to own up to my attitude…the good and the bad. But own up to mistakes.

My response to you calling me an asshole who chimes into every thread, "Corry was far more flippant than contrite. Wanting more of a pat on the back for doing a "good thing for the hobby" rather than just owning up to a simple error. The clown on Blowout was ridiculous for calling it out the way he did, no one denies that. However, it was what transpired that made it a comedy of dizzying intellect.

I mean seriously, the blog still has the "convicted" wording. My first posts in this thread indicated that. Nothing more. A simple "heads up" but wow, if the "Hot List" is going to be something FCB promotes...pay attention. Honest question, how many people at FCB need to say it's been fixed until it's actually fixed? Now granted, I don't expect you to do it @bmc398...I'm just happy you can connect to Velcro straps to your shoes, but surely someone has access to the blog to fix that line."

So let's see, you call me an asshole and I say I'm happy that you can connect the Velcro straps to your shoes…sure, mine's a lot more creative and skilled…but tit for tat right?

You then get far more personal. You, oh half-witted "Super Moderator" respond with the following…"How about soon to be convicted? Who really cares? And why the personal attacks again? Why are you such a self righteous asshole that can do no wrong? I hope you don't handle yourself this way when people are actually around. Actually, I really don't care....if you do there probably aren't people around in real life to be an ass to so you come here. I challenge you to go 1 post without being confrontational. I don't get it."

Wait, I'm sorry what? Whining about me getting personal?

You baited me, you started the name-calling, you went personal…the high road is no longer available for you to take, no matter what that dithering clump of gray matter of yours thinks.

It's actually become hilarious that every post here on on the Blowout thread…there was not evidence of anyone at FCB being "contrite" about the error. Instead, everyone was defensive when there was no ground to defend.

It was an error, a journalistic 'no no' from someone who isn't a journalist. Own it, fix it. Move on. Yet it took time after time to finally fix the problem.

Corry does a good job with this Hot List, but for eff's sake, FCB needs to accept the mistake…not simply look for ways to continue to try to explain how "convicted" means something other than "convicted."

It's finally fixed, and that's a good thing, but good grief Gomer…don't whine and moan about me "getting personal" and instigating when you've been the one cranking it up.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Don't pull this farcical "high road" crap. After being dismantled by multiple people in multiple threads in the General Chat, you apparently became the most distraught with my posts at you…therefore you (not me) hopped into this thread solely to call me an asshole who hops into every thread.

You want the recap? Whole recap?

There was no "pissing match" that ensued, nor was it started by me.

I made a few posts in this thread about the "convicted" line not being corrected, although it was stated that it was already corrected. It was not. I didn't state that fact in an "asshole" manner.

So maxe0213 posts that "Usually errors aren't that big of a deal. But saying someone is convicted of murder and saying "before his conviction" implying he's convicted is a pretty big mistake." and gets a response of "If you say so slick" from brown.

maxe0213 responds with the famed "your" line "Seriously? Your ignorant. Saying someone is convicted of murder before they actually are is a pretty big fu$# up bud." Which, while grammatically incorrect is still true.

Corry then responds with "It's 'you're.'" His only response prior doesn't show him being "contrite" as you state, but simply "Yeah it's really discouraging when people that say things like that. I spend hours doing the list because I enjoy writing, and think I'm doing a good thing for the hobby, and then I get criticized for it. Not my definition of fun!"

As if "doing a good thing for the hobby" and "[enjoying] writing" gives him a pass for not simply acknowledging the big difference between "convicted" and "arrested."

Surprised that there was still little to no admission of error or even implied understanding that he understood the error (on FCB or Blowout), he chose to swing his dick and nitpick a user responding to his error. I called him out on that. Own up to the error and move on. He responds to my comment (which was not instigating anything, but more blunt than being an "asshole") and that was that. Sure, it probably came out more blunt than needed, but the defensive nature of Corry in every post about his error, it didn't matter how it was written as his response would be the same.

You, our mongoloid "Super Moderator", then felt the need to actually instigate me and state that I "hop into every thread and immediately be an asshole." I don't. However, I can be an asshole…I can own that. My sarcastic nature and hearty Midwestern upbringing afford me the ability to own up to my attitude…the good and the bad. But own up to mistakes.

My response to you calling me an asshole who chimes into every thread, "Corry was far more flippant than contrite. Wanting more of a pat on the back for doing a "good thing for the hobby" rather than just owning up to a simple error. The clown on Blowout was ridiculous for calling it out the way he did, no one denies that. However, it was what transpired that made it a comedy of dizzying intellect.

I mean seriously, the blog still has the "convicted" wording. My first posts in this thread indicated that. Nothing more. A simple "heads up" but wow, if the "Hot List" is going to be something FCB promotes...pay attention. Honest question, how many people at FCB need to say it's been fixed until it's actually fixed? Now granted, I don't expect you to do it @bmc398...I'm just happy you can connect to Velcro straps to your shoes, but surely someone has access to the blog to fix that line."

So let's see, you call me an asshole and I say I'm happy that you can connect the Velcro straps to your shoes…sure, mine's a lot more creative and skilled…but tit for tat right?

You then get far more personal. You, oh half-witted "Super Moderator" respond with the following…"How about soon to be convicted? Who really cares? And why the personal attacks again? Why are you such a self righteous asshole that can do no wrong? I hope you don't handle yourself this way when people are actually around. Actually, I really don't care....if you do there probably aren't people around in real life to be an ass to so you come here. I challenge you to go 1 post without being confrontational. I don't get it."

Wait, I'm sorry what? Whining about me getting personal?

You baited me, you started the name-calling, you went personal…the high road is no longer available for you to take, no matter what that dithering clump of gray matter of yours thinks.

It's actually become hilarious that every post here on on the Blowout thread…there was not evidence of anyone at FCB being "contrite" about the error. Instead, everyone was defensive when there was no ground to defend.

It was an error, a journalistic 'no no' from someone who isn't a journalist. Own it, fix it. Move on. Yet it took time after time to finally fix the problem.

Corry does a good job with this Hot List, but for eff's sake, FCB needs to accept the mistake…not simply look for ways to continue to try to explain how "convicted" means something other than "convicted."

It's finally fixed, and that's a good thing, but good grief Gomer…don't whine and moan about me "getting personal" and instigating when you've been the one cranking it up.
Newsflash...this isn't a news site. There is no mantle of journalistic integrity that is trying to be upheld. Again you ignore the issue I have with you. When somebody is wrong you can't state it and move on. You state it, then belittle that person. That's what my issue with you is, and it has no place on the board. You do it in everything. Disagreements on the General Chat or here.

I was "dismantled" with opinion on the General Chat board. Most people (read: anybody other than you involved) could keep it from getting personal. I never said a word about you and you chime in with personal attacks about me in there. That's why I took an issue with you here. It's never a you're wrong with you. It's a you're wrong and here is why you're an idiot and i'm better than you approach and it's just flat out unnecessary and unwelcome here. You speak to people in a way that is a poor character representation of yourself. You can choose to continue to belittle myself and others on this board, but I will no longer be a party to this and if it continues you will be sent on a vacation, because if all you can do is XXXXX then why are you even here?

Latest posts