Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tiffany or O-Pee-Chee long term and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
To anyone who collects older vintage cards, do you prefer the O-Pee-Chee or Tiffany Topps versions long term and why? Both were produced in lesser quantity than the regular Topps cards and the prices seem to be similar for a lot of the graded 80's cards but I think it's hard to determine which will hold its value the best long term.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
O-Pee-Chee if you're talking about high grade or raw gradable copies. The printing QC for OPC was terrible as was the printing stock. There are tons of diamond cuts, miscuts, and rough edges. The printing for Tiffany was much better as a whole even with the lower print runs than even OPC.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
You can never go wrong with a psa 10 opc, but IMO the Tiffany cards will have a better overall return. Topps Tiffany from 1984 to 1991 printed the exact same cards as Topps, but with much small quantities and better quality. With opc you are going to miss out on some legendary RC cards, like 84 Gooden, 85 McGwire, Clemens, 86 Bonds, Jackson and Canseco, 87 Jackson, McGwire, Maddux, 88 Glavine, Alomar, 89 Biggio, Griffey, 91 Rodriguez, Bagwell. Although opc had a much smaller print run, it was nowhere near the small levels of the Tiffany sets. If you go to www.tiffanycards.com then you can see all of the set numbers I found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah you won't find this in O-Pee-Chee:

mcgwire85toppstiff.jpg

I have been trying recently to pick up the last A's Tiffany cards I need and I've definitely noticed the stars like Henderson and McGwire increasing in price the last few years. Ungraded and graded.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
You can never go wrong with a psa 10 opc, but IMO the Tiffany cards will have a better overall return. Topps Tiffany from 1984 to 1991 printed the exact same cards as Topps, but with much small quantities and better quality. With opc you are going to miss out on some legendary RC cards, like 84 Gooden, 85 McGwire, Clemens, 86 Bonds, Jackson and Canseco, 87 Jackson, McGwire, Maddux, 88 Glavine, Alomar, 89 Biggio, Griffey, 91 Rodriguez, Bagwell. Although opc had a much smaller print run, it was nowhere near the small levels of the Tiffany sets. If you go to www.tiffanycards.com then you can see all of the set numbers I found so far.

Thanks for the info. I was always curious as to how many Tiffany sets from each year exist.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
Yeah you won't find this in O-Pee-Chee:

View attachment 118966

I have been trying recently to pick up the last A's Tiffany cards I need and I've definitely noticed the stars like Henderson and McGwire increasing in price the last few years. Ungraded and graded.

This is McGwire’s OPC rc. It’s not even a close competition in my opinion. I’ll take Tiffany cards all day everyday. IMG_8143.JPG

Members online