Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers ! Oh Boy .... Ordonez = Broken Ankle !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
With him and Young off the roster for the ALCS as well I think that's probably it for them. Rangers returning to the World Series is all but done at this point. They were thin to begin with.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
I think rangers are going all the way this year, either them of the brewers

I wanted the yankees to win as a fan but I don't even think they would have gotten through texas if they won game 5 against the tigers

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not counting them out just yet.... the next 4 games they have Scherzer, Fister, Porcello and Verlander with Scherzer and Fister again if it goes that far.

Good pitching can beat good hitting every time.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
D-Lite said:
With him and Young off the roster for the ALCS as well I think that's probably it for them. Rangers returning to the World Series is all but done at this point. They were thin to begin with.

Is it tough to have those 2 out? Sure. Does it mean it's over? Far from it, if you ask me. Delmon wasn't going to duplicate his ALDS performance, in my opinion. Maggs, he's looked good lately but it's not like he's a game changer.

One thing to remember-Delmon playing basically blocked Raburn. Maggs playing somewhat blocked Don Kelly. Raburn and Kelly aren't household names, but are very solid players. With the left-handed pitching of the Rangers, Inge can start at 3rd-with Raburn and Kelly in LF and RF. That is better defense for the Tigers, which I like. Not as much offense, but it's not as big of a deal as people want to make it out to be. We have capable replacements, in my opinion.

This thing is still far, far from over.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
texas pitching isnt to shabby itself. Also I do not believe that detroit has gone up against holland yet which should help

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
noaskiecards said:
I think the yankees are going all the way this year, either them of the brewers

I wanted the yankees to win as a fan but I don't even think they would have gotten through texas if they won game 5 against the tigers

I fixed that for you. You don't think the Yankees are still going all the way?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
08-29-2009041231PM.jpg

i was hoping he did well :(

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
bouwob said:
texas pitching isnt to shabby itself. Also I do not believe that detroit has gone up against holland yet which should help
We faced him in September of 2010-which means everyone except Victor probably faced him. So, I'm not all too worried about that.

I like Holland, but he's certainly capable of giving up 3 or 4 runs, and doesn't have the greatest control. Same goes for Scherzer. Game 2 is a huge game, as always.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
This does leave a mark especially the way Maggs has been swinging the bat of late along with Delmon being out. It seems to be kind of wierd that no particular incident led to the fracture too.

But I certainly don't think we're out of it by any means. To state that is kind of naive.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Randy Shields said:
This does leave a mark especially the way Maggs has been swinging the bat of late along with Delmon being out. It seems to be kind of wierd that no particular incident led to the fracture too.

But I certainly don't think we're out of it by any means. To state that is kind of naive.

He was swinging the bat well, yes-but not last night. That GIDP in the 1st was just a huge play in that game-maybe the biggest play. But the guy who will replace Maggs has been swinging it well, Don Kelly. And the guy who is replacing Delmon had a great 2nd half, Ryan Raburn.

The bottom line is this creates an opportunity for someone else. Someone else has to step up, and I think we have the guys capable of doing so. The Rangers have the upper hand now, but if we take Game 2 we are in a nice position.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Randy Shields said:

It's not Naive. it is ridiculous for sure. :)

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Horrible to see a player go out this way, but he's had injury problems for a while. Anyone else remember when he was a big hobby star?

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
noaskiecards said:

As a Yankee fan..die hard fan...that knows the what where when why and how of the team....The BrEWERSSsss will take iT!

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
jlvjr16 said:
noaskiecards said:

As a Yankee fan..die hard fan...that knows the what where when why and how of the team....The BrEWERSSsss will take iT!

Can you translate that please

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online