Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UNNUMBERD CARDS THAT ARE A MOFO TO FIND

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i have been retired from going after every Bernie card i could find. i have had mostly every top 90's card you could get, except a very few.
i have come to realize, it wasnt acquiring them that gave me the most thrill. It was the chase. The ones that seemed the hardest to find. the real tough ones were unnumberd. many overlooked by collectors when they came out. some were samples, mail in prizes or just crazy varients like pacific use to have. whats some of your tuffest finds and ones your still chasing.

Scan_0003.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
VERY large collector selling out in Northern NY ----- don't know listing location -- he had ALL Yankees in team breaks for a long time . I know i traded 1000's of Yankees to him in 10 years

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Those are definitely some of the tougher oddballs to find.

The Star Ledger took me a while. I also have the Sportzcubz O'Neill which had been quite tough to track down. One finally came up for auction after many, many years.

I still need many of the mainstream releases as well: Aficionado First Pitch Previews, Pacific Light Blue, Score Yankees Premier, Online Winners, 99 MVP Preview. Those are some of the ones that come to mind.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I discovered that I still need a fairly common Steve Garvey card. I say common, but they don't pop up anymore. I have seen a few on COMC, but for some odd reason, the asking prices are very high for a base card. Maybe it was a SP I was not aware of.

I feel like it is a matter of a card that just isn't worth much, so nobody bothers.

Even now, I can buy the gold for half the price of the base on COMC. Nope....

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I discovered that I still need a fairly common Steve Garvey card. I say common, but they don't pop up anymore. I have seen a few on COMC, but for some odd reason, the asking prices are very high for a base card. Maybe it was a SP I was not aware of.

I feel like it is a matter of a card that just isn't worth much, so nobody bothers.

Even now, I can buy the gold for half the price of the base on COMC. Nope....

what card ?

Tfangman

Jun 4, 2015
Frank has LOTS of unnumbered stuff that is brutal to find. These 3 stick out in my head.

- 1996 Baerga Softball. Only distributed in Puerto Rico for the celebrity softball game, this is my number one want. Plus the photo is just hilarious.
51B06CA5-CA54-4D86-B2ED-2B0AF29A5986.jpeg

- 2004 EX. This has got to be the single toughest Frank base card. I don’t quite understand why it’s so tough except for maybe this product just wasn’t opened much.
59F8C32A-927B-4D74-98F3-898923C685D8.jpeg
-2005 Upper Deck Flyball. I didn’t know of this card’s existence until last year when I was scouring COMC sold listings. I haven’t seen one in the wild and the unopened wax on eBay is so expensive for two packs.
D13D0967-3CA1-44CE-8CB7-2B30CCB96871.jpeg
Would happily purchase if anyone has these laying around :)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Pacific with its retail only stuff can be hard, 99 prism red comes to mind. I think it's 2005 fleer glossy gold, those are like unicorns. For my Wakefield collection those are the two unnumbered that come to mind, there's a few samples and things I haven't been able to find but input those in a different category. There is one year I can't find a topps factory set variation, I think it's the foil board from 2011, it's numbered but to like 170...never seen it.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Pacific with its retail only stuff can be hard, 99 prism red comes to mind. I think it's 2005 fleer glossy gold, those are like unicorns. For my Wakefield collection those are the two unnumbered that come to mind, there's a few samples and things I haven't been able to find but input those in a different category. There is one year I can't find a topps factory set variation, I think it's the foil board from 2011, it's numbered but to like 170...never seen it.
YES! Those golds are impossible!

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm having trouble with some Pacific retail parallels and these:
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2003 Topps Trademark Variations Erstad
2006 Fleer Glossy Gold Erstad
2007 Topps Update 1st Edition Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Two from 2005 that are bears to find!

2005 Donruss Diamond King Non-Canvas (20 copies per player) - hard to tell difference from base cards

2005 Zenith Z Gold - look an awful lot like base card, retail only
Yes! I made sure to buy those right away because I knew, after a few weeks, they'd get to be near impossible to find.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad
The 99 topps mvp promotion I feel really lucky to have the Wakefield. I had pulled an edgardo alfonso from the pack when it was new so I knew how tough they were. When I was starting my Wakefield collection around 2010 I got one very quickly but I don't remember seeing another copy

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad
I just checked, I have none of these. My Erstad collection might have a plate or two but I don't think I have anything super tough.

Latest posts