Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Yep. "Midge" was a pioneer as the first female in a baseball front office. She was the first person to create season tickets too! Mr. Wrigley had a lot of faith in her and reportedly her opinion on free agents was highly valued. She lived in my town, Huntley, and is buried here. The Cubs created a park for her a few years back. The photo I picked up is from a 1931 Cubs Picture Pack.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...hicago-cubs-baseball-reliquary-laura-ricketts

The family member I knew also lived on the family farm in Huntley. I asked him to write his thoughts and memories down about a woman he showed a great deal of fondness for but he has yet to do it. I need to keep bugging him because he would always tell some great stories about her.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Thanks for the input Dano and Forgerelli. Since I'm not an expert on vintage cards I had my doubts because it looks pretty good.
I might have to try and get it graded one day... just stinks that I'm so far away so it costs me tons for S&H.... but I'll do it one day.
Thanks again guys.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Not new pick ups, but just scanned them into imgur
ODEAciH.jpg

6u7AJAP.jpg

Members online

Latest posts