Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are you listening to?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Nothing too special here. Last week and this week has been Death Magnetic by Metallica as I got the guitar tablature book and am working my way towards mastering that on guitar. Pandora wise I've been listening to my Pelican station and John Frusciante stations as I really dig the musical/non lyrical stuff for background tunes :) Got hooked on Pelican listening to the Gojira station so I merged those two together. The John Frusciante station has a lot of great solo stuff by him as well as some really good somewhat older stuff like Ratatat.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Been running back through the Clutch catalog. The progression is insane from the 1991 stuff to the really bluesy current style.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
COME ON MOTHERXXXXER, COME ONE MOTHERXXXXER, COME ONE MOTHERXXXXER LETS THROW DOWN!
I went to U of MD with Neil (singer), after he left CUA in DC. Some amazing shows at the old 9:30 Club with Prong, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.

But the new stuff is just fantastic, and a clear departure. Folksy, bluesy with some edge...and his degree in English shines in their later stuff with some really well-crafted story-telling.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Yes - CoC. Vote With A Bullet was always on Headbangers Ball. What a great song.

Get Up Kids and Snapcase. And Muse, though you're probably not supposed to admit to that.

Last edited:

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
K Phillips - "American Girls"
Shovels & Rope - "O' Be Joyful"

If any of you are into music that falls under the Americana umbrella, check these two albums out.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I went to U of MD with Neil (singer), after he left CUA in DC. Some amazing shows at the old 9:30 Club with Prong, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.

But the new stuff is just fantastic, and a clear departure. Folksy, bluesy with some edge...and his degree in English shines in their later stuff with some really well-crafted story-telling.
I love COC! They opened for Metallica the first time I ever saw them in 97.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

I just listened to Strange Cousins yesterday...I felt like it was an appropriate time to listen to "Abraham Lincoln". And "50,000 Unstoppable Watts" ranks among my favorites of their entire catalog.

Kendrick Lamar at the gym, and right now I have OK Computer on - finally got it on vinyl.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Why not man? :lol:

I listen to anything I like the sound of.
Me too. And obviously not afraid to admit it. I can see why people would not like/grow tired of/have utter disdain for Muse. But on the other hand, I can't understand sometimes why they're not the biggest band in the world. Anyway, hope you found some new listening material!

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I've been listening to Fugazi Waiting Room again. I haven't listened to it in a long time and figured it was time to bring it out again

Latest posts