Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your most recent retail card pickups and where did you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Normally, collectors prefer hobby boxes and packs when it comes to sports cards but retail has also been very hot with places like Target having to set special times and item limits recently because cards in general have been so sought after.

So just curious as to what retail cards/products people here have been able to pick up recently and where you bought your cards. My recent pickups were 4- Heritage baseball mega boxes, 5 Heritage baseball blasters and 5 Donruss baseball blasters from a local Wal-Mart that didn't have an item limit.

If you picked up cards from sports other than baseball like Prizm basketball etc, you can also post that here since it seems like barely anyone posts on the basketball and football boards.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
My LCS carries retail, so I'm very lucky there. Haven't seen cards in Target in at least six month, and my wife and I do not shop at Walmart. She did have to go one last year; her old work needed something that, in our area, is only available at Walmarts. I found a full display of 2020 Gallery, and bought quite a bit.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I bought a few blister packs of 2021 Topps at Target when it came out. Walmart had Heritage fat packs today but I passed on them.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
My LCS carries retail, so I'm very lucky there. Haven't seen cards in Target in at least six month, and my wife and I do not shop at Walmart. She did have to go one last year; her old work needed something that, in our area, is only available at Walmarts. I found a full display of 2020 Gallery, and bought quite a bit.
Yeah, if you haven't heard Target has a new rule where cards are only available at 8am on Friday morning. It's first come and first serve because it was getting out of control with people hounding and sometimes even stalking the vendor etc.

There is a Wal-Mart by me that still hasn't instilled an item limit so I try to grab as much product as I can though I usually pass on regular packs if they are Topps or Topps Heritage.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yeah, if you haven't heard Target has a new rule where cards are only available at 8am on Friday morning. It's first come and first serve because it was getting out of control with people hounding and sometimes even stalking the vendor etc.

There is a Wal-Mart by me that still hasn't instilled an item limit so I try to grab as much product as I can though I usually pass on regular packs if they are Topps or Topps Heritage.
Oh yeah, I know about the limits Target has on the cards. It wouldn't help much around here, I'm fairly certain the vendor just stopped bringing product to Targets entirely. Maybe now they've started back, with the Friday thing, but the dust buildup on the card shelves was always a sign that no one was stocking anything.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
various targets have different rues...some have the "limits" mentioned above which essentially means no limits at all ...some have a limit of 1 or 2 products at a certain price point...still others have set up their bar code scanners to only accept the first three of any one product although that will only mean more people going through self checkout and ringing up multiple transactions or having a friend or two go with them and each person get the limit...

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
various targets have different rues...some have the "limits" mentioned above which essentially means no limits at all ...some have a limit of 1 or 2 products at a certain price point...still others have set up their bar code scanners to only accept the first three of any one product although that will only mean more people going through self checkout and ringing up multiple transactions or having a friend or two go with them and each person get the limit...
You are correct. There are 3 Target's within a 25 mile radius of where I live and each one seems to have a different rule/number of items allowed per person. I'm in favor of it to an extent because if you don't catch the vendor there might be some product left over but when you catch the vendor seeing all of that good product in front of you and there is a limit so you can't take as much as you can afford, it does suck.

Members online

Latest posts