Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you store your cards in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I have my Pujols collection in a bank safe in my man cave. I purchased my childhood home 2 years ago and my dad had this safe installed for his gun collection when I was a teenager.

Attachments

• 20200812_185840.jpg
    20200812_185840.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Chaos.

I have stuff anywhere it will fit w/o pissing off my wife too much. It's mostly boxed (from small set boxes to 5K and I use a lot of those computer paper boxes for stuff. They are sturdy, stack well and hold a fair amount), but have some binders for 8x10 and smaller stuff. I do not keep cards in binders, gave up on that plan decades ago when I figured it would cost too much to buy the albums and sheets to do it.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The safe is stellar!

My collection fits in 7-8 binders and one shoebox for toploaders. And one 700 count box of trade/supplies. I have thinned things out a lot this year.

I have been looking into quality binders, was actually researching that last night. MJ Roops are popular but they are out of business. Seeking that quality. I also learned that I can use penny sleeve and fit in pages too. I will have to get a bunch and resleeve my collection.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Just regular boxes, mostly. I do have a small SentrySafe for the high end stuff but it's basically worthless for security, though I hope it has some fire protection. We were at Academy yesterday and were looking at the gun safes, as between my wife and I we have enough valuables and irreplaceables that it seems like a good idea. Expensive, $800-1400 plus $300 delivery unless we do it ourselves somehow. But it should be big enough to hold everything we might accumulate and worth it if it's ever needed and does its job.

Anyone know the effects of keeping cards in a safe in a garage in Texas heat? Garage doesn't get tooooo hot but I'd hate to find a bunch of chrome autographs melted off or whatever.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I have my better cards valued at $20 but less than $100 stored in toploaders in a heatproof box and my cards valued over $100 in screwdown holders.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Boxes that can hold up to 3,000 cards.....cards with plastic sleeves...........more value cards plastic sleeves and then into top loaders. Best regards, David

Members online

No members online now.