Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should happen to AP?

What should happen at this point?

• Total voters

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The NFL needs to step up and suspend AP until this is resolved via the judicial system.
here's the problem I have - what if he was found not guilty? Until there is a verdict, I don't think you really can deactivate him or suspend him because think of all the games missed and salary not paid if AP is found to be an innocent man. You could make restitution for pay but the NFL certainly isn't going to throw out the games played that AP missed and have them replayed with AP eligible.

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
No, they're not.
Come on, take off the Vikings colored glasses.
Sponsors are starting to pull themselves, read Radisson
The Wilfs thru their GM and head coach under the bus today. The Wilfs make the decision for AP play, yet they are absent at the press conference?
One day after getting your ass handed to you your team owners go ok AD there was a 3 day weekend for you, now get into playing mode and win us a game. Hes going to be such a distraction. If im a father and a teammate of AD I would have a difficult time supporting AD on the field.
That 4 yr old was abused, no ifs ands or buts about it. I grew up in the 70s and 80s too. We all got a paddling but never did I have the injuries that this child sustained. That child will have scars from this. What more evidence is needed?

Just for some open discussion here...if I am watching your child and they are misbehaving is anyone in this thread ok with me taking a switch to your child say 15-20x?? Is it abuse or is it discipline?

Only in America is it domestic abuse if you hit your spouse, assault if you hit a person, but its discipline if you hit a child?
How sad that its condoned hitting a defenseless child.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I agree with what my wife said.

A grown woman has the choice of whether or not she wants to remain in an abusive relationship. A small child does not.

There is no way that Peterson's punishment should be any less that the one issued to Ray Rice.

If it is, then the NFL is telling all of us that it is worse to abuse your spouse than it is your child. Which I do not believe to be the case. An adult can leave.

The pictures are above and beyond discipline. It is child abuse.

You would think that someone who just had a child beat to death would make better judgement himself.

Goodell should already lose his job over the Rice fiasco. If he lets Peterson play another down this season that would solidify in my mind that he is incompetent.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I personally feel like the NFL shouldn't hand out punishment for any offenses.

The TEAM should be responsible for handing out punishment. If teams are inept at handing out punishment, then they must face the wrath of their fan base. It's time these billionaires quit hiding behind Roger. If the Vikings want to play Peterson, then they face the likelihood of a fan revolt.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I personally feel like the NFL shouldn't hand out punishment for any offenses.

The TEAM should be responsible for handing out punishment. If teams are inept at handing out punishment, then they must face the wrath of their fan base. It's time these billionaires quit hiding behind Roger. If the Vikings want to play Peterson, then they face the likelihood of a fan revolt.
I don't think that would work at all. What team is voluntarily going to suspend one of the greatest NFL players of all time after the 2nd game of the season? Do you think the owners of the Vikings care about a fan revolt? The fans are going to come regardless. All the owners care about is money and winning. And AP puts asses in the seats.

The NFL should hand down the penalties. It just needs someone competent to do so.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I don't think that would work at all. What team is voluntarily going to suspend one of the greatest NFL players of all time after the 2nd game of the season? Do you think the owners of the Vikings care about a fan revolt? The fans are going to come regardless. All the owners care about is money and winning. And AP puts asses in the seats.

The NFL should hand down the penalties. It just needs someone competent to do so.
Vikings already sat him without league intervention.

The Panthers already sat Hardy without the league stepping in.

They have stakeholders they must answer to.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Vikings already sat him without league intervention.

The Panthers already sat Hardy without the league stepping in.

They have stakeholders they must answer to.
He's already back on the field though, which is a major problem.

This isn't a 'slap on he wrist' situation. It's much more major than that.

AP's gotta sit the entire season unpaid, at the minimum. And if he's convicted, worse.

Ray Rice beat a woman. A consenting woman at that. She wouldn't stay with him unless she condones his actions. But that's her own stupidity.

Peterson abused a child. That's much worse than what Ray did in my opinion.

They've got to throw the book at Peterson.

If this were some third string running back he would already be blackballed from the league. But since it's one of table greatest of all time, we're supposed to treat him special? Nope. Not from where I sit.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
He's already back on the field though, which is a major problem.

This isn't a 'slap on he wrist' situation. It's much more major than that.

AP's gotta sit the entire season unpaid, at the minimum. And if he's convicted, worse.

Ray Rice beat a woman. A consenting woman at that. She wouldn't stay with him unless she condones his actions. But that's her own stupidity.

Peterson abused a child. That's much worse than what Ray did in my opinion.

They've got to throw the book at Peterson.

If this were some third string running back he would already be blackballed from the league. But since it's one of table greatest of all time, we're supposed to treat him special? Nope. Not from where I sit.
I'm all for a very stiff punishment, but it should be administered by the team.

The NFL isn't his employer, Mr Wilf is. Make HIM accountable.

Looking at it from a business perspective the owners assume little of the risk when Goodell hands down punishment. Let the fat cats sweat a little for their cash.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Some random thoughts...

I'm not sure what the NFL or the Vikings will do, but I have benched AP for the rest of the year on my other (non-FCB) fantasy football team. (I would drop him, but someone else would pick him up.)

Charles Barkley seems to indicate this is a cultural thing in black, southern communities. "Every black parent in the south hits their kids".

Racist!

For the record, I am in favor of corporal punishment, but it needs to be meted out calmly, dispassionately and as a last resort.

There is a huge difference between discipline and abuse.