Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What the most outrageous reason you've had a transaction cancelled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Had a guy reject an offer (not a purchase) that was more than fair and more than above market because I really wanted the card, but also about 25% less than he listed it.

He replied and said his son did not want to accept the offer. I asked what his son is willing to accept. His response was that he doesn't know what his son will accept because his son is only 8. That's a wtf response.

That's crazy but unfortunately you get all kinds of people on eBay. You hope that you're dealing with a decent person with a transaction but there are a lot of deadbeats who try to pull every trick in the book. I try to block bidders with low feedback but there are still plenty of deadbeats with over 100 positive comments.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
There shouldn't be an option to return a purchase after 30 days...
I thought there was something that protected sellers from this. I know there have been a few times I wanted to return a card, kinda forgot to ask/open a case and by the time I remembered, it was no longer an option for me. I thought it was 30 days (or used to be something like 45 days).

Had a guy reject an offer (not a purchase) that was more than fair and more than above market because I really wanted the card, but also about 25% less than he listed it.

He replied and said his son did not want to accept the offer. I asked what his son is willing to accept. His response was that he doesn't know what his son will accept because his son is only 8. That's a wtf response.
Hahaha, oh my goodness, that might be the greatest bologna response I have ever heard! It is in it's own class of outrageous. The fellow must just be out there amusing himself, rather than trying to actually sell cards. Thanks for the giggles!

Hnmmonsters

Jun 17, 2020
I had an “auction won”purchase cancelled two days ago. The reason - item is out of stock. Doesn’t everyone place items up for auction, that are out of stock? I notified Ebay AND await their response. Not expecting much!

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I had an “auction won”purchase cancelled two days ago. The reason - item is out of stock. Doesn’t everyone place items up for auction, that are out of stock? I notified Ebay AND await their response. Not expecting much!

I had something similar happen recently. Bought a card that I thought I got a great price on and the seller must have realized that he listed it too low, too, and said that he "looked all over but can't find the card" before proceeding to cancel the transaction and issue a refund.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
12 years ago or so.
from seller: "I sold the card to another person for twice your winning bid, SUCKS TO BE YOU! "
The seller no longer has an account with ebay.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I had something similar happen recently. Bought a card that I thought I got a great price on and the seller must have realized that he listed it too low, too, and said that he "looked all over but can't find the card" before proceeding to cancel the transaction and issue a refund.

Oh those are fun ones, that's for sure! Some folks are just flat out dishonest. I would almost be a little more respectful of someone who wrote something truthful and humble, like, "sorry, I listed the card too low and have reconsidered selling it at a more appropriate price", assuming it was done via buy-it-now, rather than auction. Auction kinda dictates the market price, so tough to have "listed too low" in a situation like that, just because you didn't like the auction's ending price. These other silly excuses don't fool most people. We know what, "couldn't find the card" and "the dog ate it" likely mean. I guess since we can't know for sure if someone is lying, there's always the slight chance the truth is being told, so it's easy to stick to that story as the seller in this case.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
12 years ago or so.
from seller: "I sold the card to another person for twice your winning bid, SUCKS TO BE YOU! "
The seller no longer has an account with ebay.

Hahaha! No longer has an account, ehh? Gee, I wonder why that could be. But in the spirits of my last post, a small amount of respect for telling the truth.....which is then immediately taken away from the SUCKS TO BE YOU part. Was it really in all CAPS too? What a lovely individual :ROFLMAO:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
So I bought a Topps Project 2020 card from one of those pre-sale listings you've seen on the bay. Bought and paid a month ago and figured 30 days was enough time for Topps to ship out the orders or have an estimated ship date. I went to message the seller and find that the user is no longer a registered user on ebay. I opened a case and ebay says they can step in a couple days from now. Hopefully they haven't released payment yet because the item was never marked as "shipped" and was never received. As far as I'm concerned, if ebay has no recourse against the seller, they are on the hook for refunding the purchase.

Members online

Latest posts