Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whatever happened to Jaypers (JP)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Greetings, all! Been a while since I posted here. With the Milb season starting, usually Jaypers would post notable starting pitchers and post highlights.

Is he still on FCB? He was an excellent resource and can't thank him enough for all the time and effort into his posts.

Thanks all!

John

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think he stopped posting on FCB but kept going on BO. I don't really look at usernames but I think I've seen him from time to time over there, talking about prospects.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Spoke to him a month ago. He took a hiatus from the hobby for a while to decompress. With spring training and games now he's probably starting back into his groove. Give it time. I'll let him know folks been asking about him

me

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I'm here. Sorry, guys. Been busier than ever lately, and I figured people here didn't really care much for my minor league updates, since they didn't get hardly any responses on this board. If you all want me to bring them back, let me know.

Sent from my moto z3 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I would love to see your minor league updates. One of my favorite in season threads.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is also a reminder of how even established and productive members can slip away quietly and possibly not be heard from again. Good to know all is well in this case, but have seen similar situations where we learn of a members passing or some other negative reason for their disappearance.

It's also a good reminder to appreciate the folks that do provide content and those that comment frequently. The boards don't exist w/o it. It takes time and effort to be active and produce good content and often that is overlooked or even expected by some. Reward those that put forth the effort with comments and interaction and keep the place lively.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
It is also a reminder of how even established and productive members can slip away quietly and possibly not be heard from again. Good to know all is well in this case, but have seen similar situations where we learn of a members passing or some other negative reason for their disappearance.
I agree. Jaypers is one of the few that I'm also friends with on Facebook.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I agree. Jaypers is one of the few that I'm also friends with on Facebook.
I know of a number of sites where numerous members have met in person and have become friends outside the web, often in relation to card events in their areas or even nationally. That is cool. I know there are a handful of members here that are from WA and I should make more of an effort to do that myself. I only have 1 card site friend that I actively engage with that I have met, and that took about 20 years to happen! He happens to live in CT though.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm here. Sorry, guys. Been busier than ever lately, and I figured people here didn't really care much for my minor league updates, since they didn't get hardly any responses on this board. If you all want me to bring them back, let me know.

Sent from my moto z3 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Really glad to hear all is well! I too would love to see the milb updates. Definitely the highlight of all my mornings during minor league season!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app