Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With Pagan hurt...... ( Mets outfield options )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Why aren't the Mets calling up Kirk Nieuwenhuis to play CF in the absence of Angel Pagan. Nieuwenhuis is batting 310. in AAA Buffalo w/ 4 HR's and a 550. SLG pct. He is 24 years old and I'd much rather be seeing him getting some experience then Jason Pridie. To fill Nieuwenhuis's role, I'd call up Matt Den Dekker from High A St Lucie to AA, ( along w/ matt harvey too ) . Anyone else think this is what they should do?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
yes, we need some energy...like how ike brought it last year. not comparing the two but i agree, give the kid a chance...

dave

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Too bad Fernando Martinez is terrible. This would be a perfect shot for him to come up and shine, but he cant even hold his own in the minors anymore.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
thegreathambino said:
Why aren't the Mets calling up Kirk Nieuwenhuis to play CF in the absence of Angel Pagan. Nieuwenhuis is batting 310. in AAA Buffalo w/ 4 HR's and a 550. SLG pct. He is 24 years old and I'd much rather be seeing him getting some experience then Jason Pridie. To fill Nieuwenhuis's role, I'd call up Matt Den Dekker from High A St Lucie to AA, ( along w/ matt harvey too ) . Anyone else think this is what they should do?
Agree with the Den Dekker and Harvey part, but I'm starting to lose faith in Kirk. It seems the Mets are too busy drooling over Lucas Duda when he can't field or even hit for that matter.

I'd love to see Kirk but it won't happen. I like Pridie in center right now.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Idk if Kirk can come up and hit for average, bring a youthful spark to the Mets, similar to what Ike did, I think it would really increase fan optimism in the farm system, and faith in the team itself , although everyone knows the team still has a LONGGGG way to go

Members online

Latest posts