Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You know what ebay needs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
i-seent-it.gif
A button you can click that's the opposite of the Watch button. I've searched "Grady Sizemore" about 50,000 times in the last 20 years and there are listings that I swear have been there just as long. Take those 2000 Bowman BCCG 10s and just obliviate them.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Not a bad idea. You can block sellers but blocking items might be a good move, especially if sellers got feedback on how many people had block their item, and the reason why.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Now that is an inspired idea. I fully support and endorse it. I would love to never, ever see certain listings again. But ebay will never do something that could potentially impact their bottom line in a negative way.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
I have one for you. This listing has been on ebay since 2009. Same card same seller. No i am not kidding. I offered the seller $100 10 years ago. And was denied. Now I would only pay 35-40 for it. Just plain NUTZ.

2004 Leaf Limited JUAN GONZALEZ Auto Monikers Card #d 25 | eBay
That's hilarious.
I agree with the idea. Great idea actually.
Another thing that Ebay could do (but will never happen) lower their fees. :)
Have a nice day everyone! ;)

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Even when I just look at something. I get email and text alerts wanting to know if I'm still interested. @nosterbor I looked at the Juan auction. Now I'll get alerts for the rest of my life, or until it sells.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I would just like to remove all 2000-2002 cards and bobbleheads from my Sizemore searches. You can do that with search terms, but that will also hit items you might want to see. For individual listings that continually roll over, I'd just rather not see them. I doubt they'd ever do this, as it would surely be popular and tons of items would get blocked. Even just blocking a seller from showing up in your search takes quite a few steps and you have to know where to look. Plus, it adds to the complications of the search, making their servers work a lot harder on each request. But on long-term collecting searches you just keep getting more and more chaff with a lot less wheat.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I have one for you. This listing has been on ebay since 2009. Same card same seller. No i am not kidding. I offered the seller $100 10 years ago. And was denied. Now I would only pay 35-40 for it. Just plain NUTZ.

2004 Leaf Limited JUAN GONZALEZ Auto Monikers Card #d 25 | eBay
The best is when they eventually just set the card to a regular auction and then it sells for 20 bucks. I bought a Puckett 1/1 last year that had been listed for $700. When he finally changed it to auction I won it for $165.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
From a sellers standpoint, I wish they'd have a way that alerts you if a customer has bought from you in the past. Often times when I get an offer come through and the username looks familiar, I'll try to sort through their feedback to see if I had left any feedback previously, but that is a nuisance. I'd be more likely to accept a lower offer than normal, if I know they keep coming back for more.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Suitable competition is what they need. It used to be the place to go and probably still is, but it has gotten too big. Too much junk clogging up the site, probably because of all the free listings. Too much BIN or set price. I miss the good old days of auctions and a chance to score a deal. Now half the time, I don't even see the deal, because someone already bought it now!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
When you search for a card.. just put "-bccg" in your search.. you shouldn't get any of those auctions/BIN's
Yes, but as I said, that can eliminate something you do want to find. There may be a lot of cards that includes one I need, but one of them is BCCG, something like this. If I exclude "BCCG", I miss that lot. Plus, people keyword spam, like "Gem Mint PSA BGS BCCG." In that case, it's almost always a BCCG card, but it does go the other way.

Members online

Latest posts