Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"You Pick..." style eBay listings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brumbach

Does anyone on here regularly sell commons and cheaper cards as the "You Pick 10 Cards" style auctions or as fixed price? Does eBay still consider these a violation and pull these down as variable/multiple listed items? I notice some sellers list sportcards this way and have had the same listing up since early last year. Has eBay started to turn a blind eye to sportscard sellers with these kinds of listings since it's the only way to sell cheap commons? I am debating trying this with a few lots but would hate to go through the trouble of listing only to get whacked by eBay.

I thought this topic had been discussed before but couldn't remember if it was this board or another one, and I did a search and didn't come up with any specific threads on the subject.

You're fine. I do this from time to time with A&G minis. The only thing is most people who bid on my lots always or at least 9 out of 10 times would take the most expensive cards in the lot or all the stars in the lot. Now when I list them, I take out the SP's and better stars so there's less to pick from. I'm sure I would have higher sales if I let others cherry pick the better stuff but then I'd be left with pure commons.

P.S. I saw that artist proof dawkins you had up on ebay. Have any other dawkins parallels or inserts?

brumbach

David Campos said:
You're fine. I do this from time to time with A&G minis. The only thing is most people who bid on my lots always or at least 9 out of 10 times would take the most expensive cards in the lot or all the stars in the lot. Now when I list them, I take out the SP's and better stars so there's less to pick from. I'm sure I would have higher sales if I let others cherry pick the better stuff but then I'd be left with pure commons.

P.S. I saw that artist proof dawkins you had up on ebay. Have any other dawkins parallels or inserts?

I would be limiting the listings to commons and base cards, I am thinking 10/$1.00 fixed price and listing as team lots instead of by set, so I'd be putting some time and details into the listings. I have the actual cards mostly sorted by set, so I am thinking about entering everything into a spreadsheet and then filtering out the team lists out of that.

No other Dawkins cards right now; my football listings, and hockey and basketball, are lacking relative to the baseball listings. I did well on those Zenith APs, picked up a complete set over the summer at a nice price.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I usually do those when I open my Topps/Chrome boxes for the year to help people finish sets. No problems with them, other than listing EVERY card available!

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
To answer your question, yes it is a violation of eBay's terms. However, nobody ever reports it, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Members online

Latest posts