Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
1961 Cubs Team Issue - any player (on my Don Zimmer PC list)

I love Beckett's explanation: "We need more information on this set, checklist gleamed from an old George Girsch ad."

Really, we're checklisting a set that has no examples, but was featured in an advertisement?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
1997 Upper Deck Power Package Jumbo Jose Canseco... I've seen a couple other players from this set but don't know a single Canseco collector who has this one. I will dub it as my current white whale if that helps will it to market!!!

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Cool idea for a thread.

Here are some high serial numbered cards that I haven't seen. I know these aren't very popular cards or sets, but I'm very close to crossing these off the lists as I don't think they were ever made.

2009 Tristar Prospects Plus Autographs Triple #91 Matt Bashore/Eric Arnett/Josh Phegley. The base /199 version, and the /50 version. I have the /25 and /5.

2009 Tristar Prospects Plus Autographs Quad #87 with Josh Phegley/Tony Sanchez/two other people. The base/199 version, and the /50 version. I have the /25, /5, and the 1/1.

2011 Tristar Pursuit Autographs Gold /111 #87 Josh Phegley. Have every other version of the card.

2010 Topps Pro Debut Gold /50 #183 Eric Arnett (should have been able to find this one very easily, but nothing ever listed)

I'm so close to 100% with this guy, I really either want to cross it off, or find it

2011 Donruss Elite Emerald /25 #6 Alex Dickerson (not the auto version, just the regular emerald/green version.) I've been searching since product launched and haven't see this

Also need the gold auto /5 of him, but that is rare enough that one just hasn't been listed more than likely.

For my Ryan Doumit collection, this card has eluded me for years, just impossible to find as I assume no one else but me wants it.

2008 Upper Deck Documentary Gold #4416

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
How about many of the 2003 Topps Vintage buy backs. According to Beckett, there are many of each player and different buy backs yet I rarely see them. If I had to guess people just don't notice the stamp and they are in common boxes.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is such a great thread....

One comment... I think there are two purposes here for the thread (1) cards you know exist but haven't ever seen or would love to see and (2) cards you truely don't believe exist out there. If you are in the ladder of these two, simply put together a nice case and write beckett. I had a Belle card like this and I got it removed by simply getting into a conversation with a beckett analyst and we eventually removed it. On the other side of the coin, I've been successful in getting 20+ Albert Belle cards added to his checklist... just some food for thought.

Again, excellent thread... love reading it.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
This may be incorrect but there was supposed to be a 2008 timelines Kosuke Fukudome retro auto. I have not seen him sign any cards, but Beckett had it in the price guide some time ago with no price due to scarcity. I have never seen one.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2002 topps pujols corrected photo of him on the back.
I posted that on the first page of this thread. Here is an interesting response on page 4

I know when I was at Beckett, we did make an effort to verify EVERY Card on a checklist. I left in 2007, can not comment on anything after that point.

I will say that we received not only scans of the 2002 Pujols correction, but also confirmation from Topps that this was a difficult card with a very low percent of the print run.

That card DOES exist and I'm pretty sure we ran an E and V column on the card WITH the corrected photo.

Rich

I don't care what Beckett has received. Scans mean nothing and neither does Topps' confirmation (I know firsthand on that one). Not one of these has ever appeared on eBay, and the myriad Pujols collectors that I've dialogued with have never seen one.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I posted that on the first page of this thread. Here is an interesting response on page 4

I don't care what Beckett has received. Scans mean nothing and neither does Topps' confirmation (I know firsthand on that one). Not one of these has ever appeared on eBay, and the myriad Pujols collectors that I've dialogued with have never seen one.

I'd like to side with rich klein, the man is a king with e&v but maybe the back scan sent was from opening day (correct photo) & it was confused.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I've been relentless in trying to locate a few final autos for my 2007 SP Rookie Edition master set, but haven't had much luck. Supposedly Hideki Okajima is the only player to NOT have an auto in the set, but there are a handful of others I have never seen before and I now question their existence. Here's a list:

2007 SP Rookie Edition Autographs:
#125 Daisuke Matsuzaka (2007 version) (*redemption)
#203 Ryan Sweeney (1993 version)
#206 Josh Hamilton (1993 version)
#208 Kei Igawa (1993 version)
#209 Akinori Iwamura (1993 version)
#214 Tim Lincecum (1993 version)
#215 Daisuke Matsuzaka (1993 version) (*redemption)
#254 Jarrod Saltalamacchia (1996 version)
#264 Tim Lincecum (1996 version)
#281 Troy Tulowitzki (1996 version)
#282 Billy Butler (1996 version)
#283 Delmon Young (1996 version)
#284 Phil Hughes (1996 version)

I know many of these are listed as SPs, but I have come across a lot of the other noted SPs on many different occasions so I figure these should have surfaced by now as well. Unless they are SSSSP'ed, like close to 1/1 or something.

I feel like I've seen pics of both Lincecums before on Worthpoint, but I've been looking like crazy lately and can't locate those anymore. Maybe I was imagining it.

All the Matsuzaka autos in the set (#125 ('07 version), 167 ('95 version), 215 ('93 version), and 265 ('96 version)) were originally listed as redemption cards, and I've seen the actual redemption cards for the '07, '95, and '93 versions, but never for the '96 version. Despite these redemption cards, the actual autos have not surfaced (although I've seen a counterfeit '93 and '96 on eBay before). Just last year Beckett had listed all 4 of the Matsuzaka autos on their checklist, but they have since removed the '95 and '96 edition autos. I wonder if they have not removed the '07 and the '93 because they have confirmed those? If anyone has ever seen any of those floating around out there before, I'd love to hear about it. However, my hunch is that he never signed for this release.

There are a few other players I have still not seen (mostly the '93 and '96 versions), but I'm guessing I haven't seen them yet because they just aren't popular players right now (ex: Joe Smith, Joaquin Arias, Rick Vanden Hurk).

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'd like to side with rich klein, the man is a king with e&v but maybe the back scan sent was from opening day (correct photo) & it was confused.
I thought that I remembered that this was Rich, but I have seen too many collectors asking about this card to think it really exists. I agree with you that the scans were from Opening Day, and i worked at Topps at this time. It was our policy NOT to correct anything in an individual product.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I thought that I remembered that this was Rich, but I have seen too many collectors asking about this card to think it really exists. I agree with you that the scans were from Opening Day, and i worked at Topps at this time. It was our policy NOT to correct anything in an individual product.

Although topps did correct the drew henson & brett myers cards in 02bdp.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
2006 UD Future Stars Red Ink auto's /35 of Johnson & Uggla. Haven't seen one of either in 4 1/2 years and my brother probably ripped through 2 cases worth of Future Stars w/out seeing even a regular Uggla auto (which I don't believe exists either).

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
And for football, a '00 Fleer Autographics Gold Dennis Northcutt /50. 12 years of searching. 12 years of never seeing this ...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1997 Upper Deck Power Package Jumbo Jose Canseco... I've seen a couple other players from this set but don't know a single Canseco collector who has this one. I will dub it as my current white whale if that helps will it to market!!!

Did they make all 20 cards as Jumbos? All the ones I can verify existing are from PP1 to PP10. Does anyone own any from the second half of the set?

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
2009 topps ticket to stardom had a pujols auto on the sell sheet but was never on the checklist or never saw one

Members online

Latest posts