Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Topps Series 2 Checklist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO

A few observations (Actually complaints):
Why can't Topps get the rookies that made the opening day roster into series 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Witt, Jr., No Julio Rodriguez, No Torkelson!!! I'm sure there are others I missed.
Most of them have had Topps Now cards printed and in collectors hands.

The Indians are now the Guardians so why are 1987 Topps Baseball Autographs Set cards 87BA-ECL Ernie Clement & 87BA-EMO Eli Morgan both listed as Indians? When card 87BA-FR Franmil Reyes in the same set is listed with the Guardians.

MLB Transactions from July 29, 2021 - Danny Duffy traded by the Kansas City Royals with cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a player to be named later. The Los Angeles Dodgers sent Zach Willeman (minors) (October 20, 2021) to the Kansas City Royals to complete the trade.
Card #403 Danny Duffy - Royals A player traded in July 2021 is still listed on the old team?

The last two might just be errors on the checklist and the cards may be correct.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
No answers for you I've always thought the same about the rookies.

My "guesses" are that:

1. The player list and contracts are already set before OD comes, so they're pretty much locked into a certain list.

2. They "hold back" the in-season Rookies to help promote the Update set, which even though it's usually full of RCs, usually doesn't sell as well, either in direct market sales or even in the secondary market. Alot of folks don't realize how much the market drops off in Sept. even going back to the Hi Series in the 60s-70s sets.

And some folks in the general public don't really pay attention to who's in each Series, they just buy their annual Factory Set every year...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

A few observations (Actually complaints):
Why can't Topps get the rookies that made the opening day roster into series 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Witt, Jr., No Julio Rodriguez, No Torkelson!!! I'm sure there are others I missed.
Most of them have had Topps Now cards printed and in collectors hands.

The Indians are now the Guardians so why are 1987 Topps Baseball Autographs Set cards 87BA-ECL Ernie Clement & 87BA-EMO Eli Morgan both listed as Indians? When card 87BA-FR Franmil Reyes in the same set is listed with the Guardians.

MLB Transactions from July 29, 2021 - Danny Duffy traded by the Kansas City Royals with cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a player to be named later. The Los Angeles Dodgers sent Zach Willeman (minors) (October 20, 2021) to the Kansas City Royals to complete the trade.
Card #403 Danny Duffy - Royals A player traded in July 2021 is still listed on the old team?

The last two might just be errors on the checklist and the cards may be correct.
I already had Duffy auto, but wanted to add a certified, yet he still has not played a game with LA yet! It should be a Dodger card, but they probably can't scrounge up a pic with him in a Dodger uni. Will he ever play for them or will they release or trade him before he hits the field???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts