Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

God Bless our Vets

attachment.php

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Thought I would stop in for just a little bit today. I close again tonight, 8th straight day. At least I'm off tomorrow.

Ken- I see you're breaking 2 cases of topps chrome. Please keep me in mind on whatever Bengals you pull.

Thank you to all of those who are serving, have served, and the ones who sacrificed their life in the military. You are all TRUE heroes.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning, all.

Thanks to all the veterans, past, present, and future.

Mixed feelings about the Niner game. It wasn't a loss, but wasn't a win, but still is not too bad, but isn't all that good, but.......

Good to see Kaepernick getting some quality playing time, though!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning gang

reposting this since most of you don't venture over to the blowout boards.
As a vet I think veterans day as a national holiday is a little stupid. Although the 4 day weekends when I was active duty were nice.

Holy crap there is 2 morons that are thinking the same way. They need to move the hell out of this country.

You sir should never tell anyone your a Veteran again in your life.

I actually agree that Veterans day should not be a holiday. I served ten years and I do not go out of my way to say I am veteran nor do I wish to be thanked for something I did. True veterans and heroes do not look for recognition. The free lunch at Applesbees is thoughtful, but why should it but in the end, it really is only one day a year that people go out of their way to thank you for your service. To me, people should be thankful everyday that men and women put their lives in danger so we can let bleeding hearts and code pink spill their hate all over the country (and those nut jobs from Kansas saying how God hates everything but them)

Go tell that to a family that has lose someone defending this country, you F-U-C-Ktard

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/396813-veterans-day-reminders.html#post3629048

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Umm they are vets. I'm not gonna question their opinion about their holiday.

Chris
Then they are not a Veteran. No one does it for the glory, and most do it by choice, but is seems for them it was another reason I guess. But the people before them did not have a choice in the matter. So that was the main reason for the day to remember.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Not much going on here today. Switching sections for PE. We are now going bowling for a couple of weeks. Hopefully it isn't too bad since I'm horrible at bowling.

Rich- I don't see where they are coming from. There are people like me out there who are thankful everyday for our veterans but sometimes its difficult to show it on a regular day. for one thing, I don't know who is all a veteran. I'm glad its a national holiday because it gives the veterans a day to be recognized, even by those who are thankful everyday for them

A_Pharis

Yeah, I think some vets may forget that this day is set aside for far more than them as individuals. It's fine they have their opinion, and I also believe that veterans should receive thanks everyday. That said, veterans day is a holiday reserved for a national day of thanks. It's not the ONLY day of thanks - it's supplimental. And it's also a day to be NATIONALLY recognized - especially for those that have died and no longer have a voice to speak on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts