Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boomo's 50 Case hit tracker.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
you guys are just killing me. why do you care when it gets finished? the entire thing was a 5 day project.
you really think any of you could rip 2 cases faster? not a chance unless you just throw crap all over.
cmon, u guys are just being silly

Less talk more work. C'mon bust bust bust

Edit: I should say I'm joking before someone thinks I'm serious. I could care less but I do find it funny that nerves are showing

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
you guys are just killing me. why do you care when it gets finished? the entire thing was a 5 day project.
you really think any of you could rip 2 cases faster? not a chance unless you just throw crap all over.

It's your project, I don't care when you finish.

I was "hoping" because I wanted to see the last case opened.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
Frustrations-Getting-The-Better-Of-You.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I don't think anyone necessarily "cares" when you get done, just coming from a human interest side of curiosity. I can't imagine how stiff you guys are probably feeling by now! Gotta recognize you're at the head of something that even non propsectors and vintage collectors are keeping an eye on simply out of the epic size of the break for all the world to see. If nothing else you've got to come away with some amazing self promotion on this! Good luck in the home stretch

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Makes you appreciate the Superfractors a little more when you see 41 straight cases and none are pulled. Shows how lucky you have to be to pull one. I hope they at least get 1 in the next 9 cases, I feel bad for the guy who purchased the Superfractor lot. He reached out to me looking to trade the spot and wanted some of my stuff, I just wasn't willing to take the risk.

The guy will just do a chargeback on ebay. The buyer is at no risk on the superfractor lot. I feel bad for boomo about that. Some people in this break are going to be very happy with the lots they got some will not an sadly those that lost out will file chargebacks. Hopefully for Boomo's sake atleast 1 superfractor is hit in the last 9 cases i personally hope that 2-3 are hit but it makes everyone appreciate hitting a 1/1 alot more now.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't think he'll get as many chargebacks as everyone thinks he'll get but that's besides the point. What you guys are saying about appreciating 1/1s is what this break has got me thinking about too. We kind of take for granted that eventually we'll see all those big 1/1s hit eBay or buy some wax convincing ourselves we have a pretty good shot at one. Its easy to hope on eBay and buy almost anything you want. The internet shrunk the card collecting world but a 1/1 is still a remarkable thing to acquire. Hell this break gives better perspective on anything less than /25!

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I opened 11 cases of 07 draft and don't even think I pulled a red refractor, let alone a super. I pulled a Superfractor auto from 05 or 06 Finest, of Milton Bradley. Only one I've ever pulled.

Good luck with the rest of the break, Matt. I'm hoping you pull some great stuff!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
The guy will just do a chargeback on ebay. The buyer is at no risk on the superfractor lot. I feel bad for boomo about that. Some people in this break are going to be very happy with the lots they got some will not an sadly those that lost out will file chargebacks. Hopefully for Boomo's sake atleast 1 superfractor is hit in the last 9 cases i personally hope that 2-3 are hit but it makes everyone appreciate hitting a 1/1 alot more now.

guy wont be doing a chargeback. i doubt anyone will to be honest.
not one person has even approached me with this intention.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama

Not being obtuse, but why would someone approach you with their intention of filing a chargeback? That's not the kind of thing you just advertise upfront to the seller, I wouldn't think.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
They won't tell you to your face before the break is over. Once they get XXXXed from the break then the charge back will come. You have under estimated the greedy side of people.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by boomo guy wont be doing a chargeback. i doubt anyone will to be honest.

I hope no one does. The guy who bought the superfractor lot knew what he was getting himself into. He could of got 5+ or none or 1 really crappy player but he bought it in hopes of getting 1 or 2 players that have some value. It was a gamble an one to take if you have money sitting around. But if he receives zero cards in return he most definitly will protest to ebay an paypal that the 50 cases was a luck contest an he was unlucky. It is sad the greed some ppl have. I think that your break was mamouth in size and in creativity. Just sad that a website like BO or fcb cant facilitate something of this magnitude to deter a chargeback from happening. Cases are broke on all these websites all the time where certain ppl receive nothing or very little to the amount they pay but ppl see ebay breaks as phony for some reason or another. I wish you the best of luck. An i know for having nothing to do with this break an not even knowing of it till it was started i have spent more then a hour reading both the posts here an on BO to follow cards being pulled. Thank you for the entertainment .

The internet shrunk the card collecting world but a 1/1 is still a remarkable thing to acquire. Hell this break gives better perspective on anything less than /25!

It sucks how the internet made base cards obsolete. I know i have pulled a few 1/1's and /25 cards an such an just didnt think about how hard it really is to pull. I have thrown them by the wayside not really thinking about it. At one time any card featuring a player from my home city of detroit at a card show could fetch .50 or 1.00 at any card show. But now with the internet no one collects base other then set builders, team, and player collectors. Card shows arent what they were when i was younger. This hobby isnt what it was even when i started up again in 2005. I know i personally now only collect prospects an chad henne cards. My problem with my prospects is that after i have held the cards for 2-3 years waiting for them to prosper i cant let them go because i have followed these players careers an have invested hours of time looking at box scores reading articles an hoping for a trade or injury or just good ol' fashion luck to happen for my players to prosper. I have had successes an failures but i find it hard selling the good success (Ike Davis) when i have a good chance an problem wont be able to sell (zack wheeler) collections when called up and failures (Jio mier) i just cant give up on.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
1/1's arent hard to pull from high-end products. i see them often from ttt, tribute etc.

Boomo didn't you say in the Super auction that you expect 3-4?

Last edited:

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
The odds of getting a superfractor is
a draft pick or prospect is 1:6,325 or 1 in 22 cases
a draft pick auto 1:42,750 ir 1 in 148 cases (33% of getting one)
a rookie auto 1:1,251,840 or 1 in 4,346 cases (1.1% chance of getting one)

Attachments

• Img3407.JPG
    Img3407.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 77

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts