Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
if morneau is traded its gonna be very hard for me to watch twins games next season

I don't want to see him leave either, but If we're not in the playoff picture, I don't see us keeping him. Only way is if he's having an mvp year again

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I kinda get the Morneau shopping, but not getting the Revere shopping
They traded Span because they had 2 of the same type player in the OF
Trading Revere, who leads off and who is their starting OF for 2013?

Im really REALLY regretting reupping my season tix for 2013.
I wonder if I can go back and cancel and get my funds back. :-(

I'm going to assume that they're shopping Revere because they feel that Hicks can step into the CF role sometime during next season. He's the CF of the future so Revere will eventually end up on another team or as our 4th OF. And I feel like the only reason that I kept my season tickets going too is for the All-Star Game. Once that's done if we aren't in contention then they consider me done.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
We reupped for the same reason, for All Star game tix, but there are 3 of us that spilt the tix.
Im willing to let let my 1/3 go and say eff you Twins, you put a XXXX product on the field, you can attempt to find someone else to pay $40 a game for tix, I will buy mine on stub hub for a fraction of the price.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
pumped to see this in the mail today
1205121426.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Ben Revere traded to the Phillies! This is getting crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if Morneau is gone next. Looks like we are clearing the way for Aaron Hicks to try and win a job out of Spring Training next year. I would definitely be alright with that. Hope we got some good pitching in return.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
The Twins are doing the right thing, setting up their rotation to be set when the Big Boys come up. When Braun/Fielder/Weeks came up for the Brewers, they had no starting pitching other than Gallardo, and Sheets who was injured. Smart move by the Twins.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
if morneau is next i may just blow a fuse!

With the trades that we are making it would almost not make sense to keep him. He's only got 1 year left on his deal and he most likely won't be brought back so if he can net us a prospect who could be ready by 2014/2015 then I say we do it. The Twins are already taking a big PR hit with trading Span and Revere, might as well move Morneau now as well. I would say that this almost assures that we hold onto Willingham until at least the All-Star break. If Morneau is moved I could see us playing Parmelee at 1B and giving Hicks and Arcia the OF next year to gain some experience.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
If anybody wants to buy an Aaron Hicks Gold Chrome Auto, let me know. Thanks

Do you still have like 10 of them? I have one already so I don't need one. Hopefully with him getting the shot at CF next year his value will go back up. They've dropped quite a bit since release prices.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
@MLBNetworkRadio: Terry Ryan, Twins General Manager, tells us that they will listen to all offers on Joe Mauer & Justin Morneau. They need pitching

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
@MLBNetworkRadio: Terry Ryan, Twins General Manager, tells us that they will listen to all offers on Joe Mauer & Justin Morneau. They need pitching

I see Morneau happening, but honestly there is no way that they could justify moving Mauer too. Nobody is going to give up the type of players that we would need in return for him while also paying him his contract.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Anyone else get the abandon ship message? I must have missed it.

So will This will be the twins opening day lineup

C- Mauer
1B- Parmalee
2B- Carol
SS floriomon
3B plouffe
Lf Willingham
Cf Hicks
Rf domit
DH Mourneau however it's not likely
Sp Diamond

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Do you still have like 10 of them? I have one already so I don't need one. Hopefully with him getting the shot at CF next year his value will go back up. They've dropped quite a bit since release prices.
Yes I do, maybe even 11 or 12, but need to go in my prospect safe to make sure. I do know they are all golds with some base, ref and blues.

Members online

Latest posts