Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Auto'ed Gold Infused Baseball Redemption - SHOCKING UPDATE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Who blocked who... missed that... how do you know if you're blocked by someone on FCB?

Anyways, back on topic, Topps was VERY confusing with these tweets... first they say deals were made and now they say they're not aware of anything... just really weird.... I'll see if I can locate the guy again by maybe going through the LCS owner or something.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Who blocked who... missed that... how do you know if you're blocked by someone on FCB?

Anyways, back on topic, Topps was VERY confusing with these tweets... first they say deals were made and now they say they're not aware of anything... just really weird.... I'll see if I can locate the guy again by maybe going through the LCS owner or something.

Chris Olds blocked me on Twitter. I attacked him for having a big audience, yet doing nothing but churning out positive product reviews

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I find it funny that the Beckett mods delete every post mentioning other boards. Yes, we all don't know other boards exist. They make it so hard to have a enjoyable experience on their site.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Essentially.

Absolutely right, and he's quick with the block button when you say that. At the very least, you know he has some SWEEEEEEET cards in his collection that were funneled his way discreetly. Here's what got me blocked:

oldsconvo.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Great job Keyser. We need more people like yourself to stand up to issues like these when they arise.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
+1

Also, this thread alone is getting me into Twitter... maybe need to use more often...

Thanks for the props guys. I agree that collectors need to take these a-holes on and Twitter is a good platform, as long as you don't go too far and get blocked. I hate Chris Olds because he was in a good position to do good for the hobby, but he chooses to be a puppet for Topps, and that PISSES me off. I'll be less insulting in regards to Topps, i didn't care if that turkey-necked idiot blocked me

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Thanks for the props guys. I agree that collectors need to take these a-holes on and Twitter is a good platform, as long as you don't go too far and get blocked. I hate Chris Olds because he was in a good position to do good for the hobby, but he chooses to be a puppet for Topps, and that PISSES me off. I'll be less insulting in regards to Topps, i didn't care if that turkey-necked idiot blocked me

Doesn't he get free boxes from Topps?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Topps claims only one person
requested replacement and that party was satisfied. But it's so easy for them to say that publicly knowing we cant disprove them at this point. Allows them to save some face

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Topps claims only one person
requested replacement and that party was satisfied. But it's so easy for them to say that publicly knowing we cant disprove them at this point. Allows them to save some face

I will try and follow-up with the LCS and see if they can give me the name of the guy or something but that sounds really creepy haha... odds are I won't bump into the guy again at the LCS because I only go there once or twice a month and it's only for like 30 minutes, not an entire day or something.

Brad Barber

This was the huge marketing item behind 2012 Topps was the GOLD RUSH and look for the Golden Ticket. I was lucky enough to receive one of these in Jan 2012, which was mailed and received by Topps in Jan 2012. No I have not settled or received anything for this ticket. The ticket does not say anything about Topps giving it the right to replace it with something else. The other thing that might put Topps in legal trouble is say WINNER on the ticket is does not say REDEMPTION. So it seems that this was a contest and now they can not honor the winning tickets. Very easy solution here if the truth is Mays will not sign the balls is, have each players sign 20 gold infused baseball each, and each winner gets 1 of each baseball and award them as a 3 ball set.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This was the huge marketing item behind 2012 Topps was the GOLD RUSH and look for the Golden Ticket. I was lucky enough to receive one of these in Jan 2012, which was mailed and received by Topps in Jan 2012. No I have not settled or received anything for this ticket. The ticket does not say anything about Topps giving it the right to replace it with something else. The other thing that might put Topps in legal trouble is say WINNER on the ticket is does not say REDEMPTION. So it seems that this was a contest and now they can not honor the winning tickets. Very easy solution here if the truth is Mays will not sign the balls is, have each players sign 20 gold infused baseball each, and each winner gets 1 of each baseball and award them as a 3 ball set.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the huge pull a year ago.

I know legal action would be a shot-gun in a nuke fight; but they seem to respond much quicker to shame via Twitter and facebook.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Brad, Thanks for taking the time to post. We have been hearing some hearsay so it's nice to get first hand experience. Did the ticket look like the one below? On the bottom left paragraph it does state "Substitutions of equal or greater value will be made if the baseball is unavailable for any reason".

I mentioned in an earlier post that Topps dug themselves in a hole by claiming "value" on an item with 20 or less. There is no "book value" for an item this scarce. Therefore the value is open to interpretation which could (and should) tip in the favor of the collector. I like how Topps mentions for you to brag about the golden ticket on their Twitter, the same place where they are getting chastised for not having the item.

goldenticketback_zps19b27cc8.jpg

Members online

Latest posts